3,694 results
All reviews shoulder massage colonial style marina view pool staff games room infinity pool beautiful hotel cable car welcome drink best hotel we have ever stayed planters restaurant our honeymoon moment you arrive perdana quay merchant room luxury hotel pool side
Reviewed November 4, 2017

This was our first visit to the Island.We were picked up Hasle free at the airport as arranged by tour company.
Our taxi driver was polite and friendly.On our arrival at the Danna we were greeted by smiling staff and were treated to a relaxing massage within few minutes of arriving.The size of our room was large plenty of space with a balcony overlooking Marina.
Breakfast was first class with exceptional Table service from the staff.
We swam in the biggest swimming pool you could imagine.There were plenty of sun beds both around the pool and on the beach.
Evening entertainment was very limited, only a BBQ once a week.Main village /Town was a twenty minute Taxi Ride away.
We had our evening meals down the Marina so we were limited.

Overall fantastic staff lovely Hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms with Marina view seem to be quiter
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mauricewils0n
Reviewed November 3, 2017

Probably the best hotel I have ever stayed in. I spent two nights here with my wife, youngest daughter and her husband. Our room was on the second floor with a balcony looking in on the internal courtyard.The room was spotlessly clean. We had a large ensuite with toilet, bath, shower and two basins. The shower was the best I have experienced in a hotel, it was super-powerful and had very stable temperature control. The towels were twice the size of normal bath towels. My daughter and husband had an identical room next door.
We ate in The Planters restaurant, Straits and Co and had food from The Terrace beside the pool. The food was excellent in all cases. The breakfast in Planters is a very varied hot and cold buffet plus a daily egg menu cooked to order.
What really made the visit special however was the quality of service from all the staff. Very helpful and always with a smile.
I will definitely revisit this hotel if I am lucky enough to be back in this part of the world.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed November 2, 2017

Impeccable service, spacious, airy, beautifully decorated, vast rooms, in the Merchant room which is the cheapest I assume, you live like a maharaja. All service quick and polite, kind and hearty, from the very start and so it went on. Me and my best pal I travel with said, we have to come back, the five days we spent on Danna was like a balm in your soul, we felt well rested, welcomed, excellent food, breakfast buffet was heavenly and you get a lot for money spent. Mountain bikes for free, close to cable car and Seven Wells waterfalls where we came to see our first Rhinoceros Hornbill, a majestic sight. A greater start to our stay in Malaysia, really a good choice.
The beach, the pool, the Terrace, the Italian restaurant, excellent service, heavenly food, my friend back home signed I wish I could get some more of those rendangs..
And the staff is really THE staff, well trained, kind, alert, so fantastic and there is only superlatives to this place. I could have stayed all the month but the adventurer in me pulled me into the jungles of Borneo.
This hotel is for the perfect honeymoon, pampering, meeting a secret or dear love, enjoy life and cherish life like I did with my best friend. I would love to meet here with my sister and brothers. Great experience!

Room Tip: Just give it a go!
Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
GMDanna, General Manager at The Danna Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2017

Dear Mikael,

I must say your review is one of its kind, your showed us how much you enjoyed staying at The Danna Langkawi but same time, I felt like you are telling your experience to a friend.

We are really overjoyed to know you and your best travel buddy had such a great start for your stay in Malaysia. From your review, I assume both of you are nature lover and admirers of the mysterious rainforest? There are million years old geopark in Langkawi with rich living flora and fauna, I hope both of you had the opportunity to visit to the UNESCO certified geopark and the undeveloped beauty of Langkawi.

Our team members are very delighted to read upon your review, thank you so much for your compliments. Other than all the good reasons you suggested to stay here, come celebrate life here with us too since everyone has their own life story to tell. We look forward to welcoming you back with your sister and brothers Mikael. Please contact us directly when you are ready to return.

Reviewed November 1, 2017

If you’re looking for charm and wonderful smiling service and hospitality , this is the place to come.
From the moment we were met at the airport it was one wonderful vacation till the end.
We were honoured when the Manager Hafiz personally greeted us as we were returning guests. ( Hubby and I have never returned to the same hotel before but having had such a wonderful holiday 2 years ago at this hotel we knew we had to make an exception ).

The Danna has so many pluses ( besides the friendly helpful nothing-is-too-much- trouble service ) :-

:Wonderful spacious air conditioned 4 poster bedrooms with options for feather pillows and a small minibar fridge , very large balconies with 2-3 seater sofa and overhead fan ( we opted for Mariner rooms again ), huge bathrooms with the best most powerful rain shower ( I have ever used ), all the complimentary bath/ shower gels , shampoo , conditioner , toothbrush and toothpaste , comb, cotton buds , cotton face pads , body lotion , complimentary bottled still water in all the rooms ( as many as you need ), bucket of ice daily ( if you need ),

:lovely restaurants The Terrace ( Italian ) and the Planters ( local and some international cuisine ),

:large almost 50 metre infinity pool , separate children’s pool , hotel is on the private beach with a mesh-net around the private swimming area in the sea , and happy hours at the swimming pool ( most cocktails at half-price ) , 1 complimentary shot of juice and 1 complimentary tidbit around the pool area before happy hour , ample loungers with ample parasols , beach loungers with parasols or shelters

:wonderful spa where I had such relaxing massages ( 1 hour of Traditional Malaysian Urut which is the hard massage ) and 1 hour of Balinese medium massage another day

:and two happy hours at the Verandah lounge-bar

:Small gym with a treadmill , some weights and a bike

: it’s location near the marina which has a few eateries and bars

: Uber is now up and running in Langkawi ( about MYR 25 from the hotel to the mangrove swamp tour’s jetty about 35-40 minutes drive ) , about MYR 10 to Cenang Beach which has more seafood and other restaurants and busy night life and roughly 20 minutes drive away

: the superb bubbly breakfasts with the huge amount of food varieties to choose from local to Asian , continental to American whilst Emzak provides easy listening music from the grand piano

We chose to return during the less busy season of October and for 8 blissful days it didn’t rain once ( except during the early hours of the morning ) and the pool area was generally peaceful and quieter.

Many many thanks to Hafiz and to Redha and Ragil and Fuad ( restaurant manager ).
It was particularly poignant to meet Redha and Ragil and Emzak again from two years ago .

Room Tip: For sea views choose viceroy rooms, for harbour / lagoon views choose Mariner .
Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 1NONLY

Dear 1NONLY,

Thank you for making the exception and staying 8 nights with us recently, we are very honoured to have you and your husband again after 2 years. It is truly enjoyable to read your detailed review, from all the small touches to our team members and our The Danna Experience. We thank you so much for taking your time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. We will be having our beach villas ready next month, we look forward to welcoming you and your husband back again. Please stay well, hope to meet you again!

Reviewed October 31, 2017

Felt very welcomed and appreciated when staying here! The services rendered was way beyond expectation. Not even one staff did not smile to us. All the helps needed were professionally attended to. Thank you to all the friendly and helpful staff!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool / beach would be very nice
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family

Dear Zakwan,

Thank you so much for choosing The Danna Langkawi for your recent visit to the island and writing us a review on TripAdvisor Zakwan. We are happy to know you enjoyed our hospitality, our team members thank you for your compliments.