Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
The Smith House Langkawi(Padang Mat Sirat)
3,506 results
All reviewsshoulder massagemarina viewcolonial stylegames roompool staffinfinity poolbeautiful hotelcable carwelcome drinkbest hotel we have ever stayedplanters restaurantour honeymoonmoment you arriveperdana quaymerchant roomluxury hotelpool side
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 8, 2013

From the massage on arrival to the drinks on the beach by way of a sumptuous Christmas dinner buffet, the Danna and its staff cannot be praised enough. An idyllic location, away from the activity of Pantai Cenang, but only a 20 minute cab ride away from the restaurants there, if you feel the need for more variety. The only thing I would suggest for the hotel to change is at breakfast, to give a pot of coffee on the table, or to use bigger cups. The quality cannot be faulted of the rooms, the common parts, the food, the beach and the spectacular pool. We will return. If you like lobster and prawns, try Orkid Ria in Pantai Cenang for dinner - you won't be disappointed!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Jonathan C
GMDanna, Manager at The Danna Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Guests,

My sincere thanks for your valued feedback and we are glad to learn of your positive stay experience.
Your feedback with regards to your breakfast experinece is very important in our continuous effort to meet guest expectation and create a memorable stay for them.
We shall look forward very much to welcome you back again in the near future.

Email : clement@thedanna.com

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have been stayed at the Danna for 9 days 8 nights during the period 20 December to 28 December. This is my first time go to Langkwai and have the following comments on the hotel:

a. The room is big and some of the decoration is good looking, however, when you look into details, the room have alot of deficiencies like you can hardly found any guide about the hotel itself, you cannot have the location/time schedule of its facilitities like GYM, restaurant...etc. You also found the light control and even the telephone system used are far from 5 star standard.

b. The welcoming massage which is rated as value added was really a very bad experience to us. The staff only give us a massage just like a routine works that last for only 1 to 2 minutes which make me feel disrupting rather than relaxing with no feel of welcoming at all. What they are doing is just aimed to pass to you their menu of the SPA.

c. There is vitually only one restaurant there with limited choice and it is quite pricy as compared with the quality of food there. The attitude of the staff there are good but I dont think they can carry out their works up to 5 star hotels standard. Its correct as many comments said in this forum the staff their are cheerful and willing to serve you as much as they can, however, in several occasions, it seems they are lack of skill of commuication that they did not got your meaning. For example, once I have ordered a grilled seabass in the restaurant and my wife have told them many many time to avoid any spicy ingredient as its for our kids who are zero tolerance to spicy foods. Although the staff have confirmed their understanding, everntually the seabass was come with a very tasteful but SPICY red pepper on it. This is not the first time during our trip, same things happend during breakfast (with menu for odering) and with lunch at poolside.

d. In our view, the people their is very good and have the heart to provide you the good services, however, the system or management there is not up to standard which cannot link up all the small little thing there, for example, on the first day we check in we ahve fill in a form and there is an item that for tiem of checkout. I have filled in 1:30pm (12:O'clock in normal) and I told the reception staff that I wish to delay our checkout a little bit later as we have booked our car at theat time to airport. The reception staff confirmed its ok instanly. However, on the date we are going to leave, we received a call from them at 12:30 asking me when we will go down to check out, this small little thing make me have the view that the Hotel doed not have good communication within itself.

At last, I wish to point out that the beach there is very bad that there is many of jelly fish and you will find no one swimming there. I am quite unhappy about this in view the rate charged by the Hotel which is located at a beach which you can hardly enjoy there.

In our view, we will not recommend this hotel to other people.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Chinamanfung

Dear Guests,

Thank you for the valuable feedback. Let me start off by apologizing for the inconvenience you had experienced during your stay at The Danna. I have great importance on what you have written with regards to you arrival experience, the lack of communication with our staff and the unfortunate situation of sea. We will strive to address these problem and find the suitable solutions to overcome them in the quickest possible duration. Please allow us to welcome you back to The Danna Langkawi, enabling our team to provide you the memorable experience that we promise. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any further inquiries and assistance. Tahnk you.

Email : clement@thedanna.com

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I accidently booked the hotel from groupon two years ago due to its huge discount given. It was a 4D3n trip and my first night was stayed at a well known hotel with nothing good except the pool and beach. When we checked in The Dana, We were greet with welcome drink and a 10 min shoulder and head massage. The room was spacious, very clean, very new. After a quick shower to refresh ourselves, we quickly walk down to the swimming pool to take a look. the swimming pool, it's a three tiers infinity pool facing South China Sea with private beach. Wow! That's so beautiful. Breakfast was good too. When we talked to one of the director and was surprise to found out this hotel was actually an abandoned project by another company and even India superstar Sharukh Khan was staying here at their president suite with private pool in the room for 2 weeks. Another thing is the location is just beside one of the yacht. If money is not an issue, i will definitely go back again.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank weeming
GMDanna, Manager at The Danna Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for taking the time and writing your review. We do appreciate it very much. I am glad that your stay was a memorable one. Since it is a very short trip from KL, the entire Danna team looks forward to your return, in the very near future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally for any further assistance and inquiries.

The Danna Langkawi.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Spent 5 nights with my family (1 child + 1 baby). The hotel is very nice and quite. The room was very specious and stylish. Very comfortable. The staff were very helpful and kind. From the moment they took us from the airport through their complementary massage while checking in to the check out after a few days. The location was perfect for us. Very close the Cable Car and the oriental village. It is a bit far from the busy Cenang area and the Kuah town. There are some restaurants and supermarkets around. We did not have any issues with insects or monkeys due to the location. The pool was excellent...probably the best. The beach was clean and nice, though we could not swim in the sea due to jelly fish. The water was not clear either. So this was my disappointment. In the last night we experienced a failure in the AC in the room, but the staff managed to get us another room quickly for that last night.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank msb1979

Dear Guests,

Thank you taking the time to post your comments. We truly appreciate your feedback.
This gives the opportunity to further develop and fine tune our services.
I sincerely apologise for any inconveniences you had encountered during you stay with us and are always looking at ways to enhance our beach and outdoor experiences. It was unfortunate to hear of the AC but please be rest assured that we have addressed the matter accordingly.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Danna in the future and please do not hesitate to contact me for any further inquiries and assistance.

The Danna Langkawi.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We have just returned from 8 nights at the danna langkawi and had a lovely time.
Pros were:
The hotel is beautiful and the staff are truly lovely.
The rooms are very nice and well appointed.
Breakfast was fab and mostly a la carte along with some buffet.

The cons were:

Turn down service was very hit and miss only turning up on 4 out of the 8 nights and when we pointed this out the manager very quickly avoided taking responsiblity by accusing us of having our "do not disturb" light on.
This was not the case ever and did leave a feeling of disappointment.

But all in all a nice hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
GMDanna, Manager at The Danna Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Dear Guests,

First, allow me to apologize sincerely for all the inconveniences you had during your stay. We take a great deal of pride in the service provided at The Danna and it is obvious from your comments that you received a poor representation of our services. I have reviewed your comments with the respective department head and he has advised me that the appropriate actions have been taken to avoid these issues.
If your travel ever brings you back to Langkawi then please contact me as it will be a great opportunity for the team to provide you a memorable experience that we promise and I am sure it will definitely erase any negative bad memories of your first stay with us.
I wish you the best of everything and apologize again for the inconveniences.

Tha Danna Langkawi