“Go for the food, Stay for the view”
Review of Bonbon Plume

Bonbon Plume
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This review is a bit late coming. But I stumbled upon the manager's business cards today and remembered that the place was really worth a review. The food itself is not bad, but I did have better in other restaurants in Seychelles (namely on Mahe Island), and the menu at Bonbon Plume isn't overly extensive (i.e. not a whole lot of dishes to choose from), but there were a few exotic names on the list. As a careful eater, I stuck with a curry (something I know). Anyway, it was good. My cousin took a salad with squib , calamari or something and she also liked it. The prices were on slightly on the steep side, but given that this was a place that was basically at the end of the island (and required a bit of a drive along a curvy, and sometimes hilly road), it is clear that once you get there, you're not going to be able to go to another restaurant (even if you wanted to). Caveat: the place closes after lunch (at least on Sundays). So, don't think you can go there for dinner). This being said, I probably would have paid 10 times more and eaten bad food if I knew that's where I'd end up. The sea is of a deap azure blue, and the restaurant is right on the beach, and what beach!!! The whitest sand I've EVER seen. It's got a powdery feel that can't be beaten (not even a shred of pebbles under your feet). Another important aspect (for me, at least) is that there were just a handful of people on the beach. Usually, great places like this are swarming with pesky tourists. But Anse Lazio was a corner of paradise. I would go back there in a heartbeat, although besides the restaurant, there was NOTHING else in that area (especially once Bonbon Plume is closed). We were really lucky we got there on time to have lunch. A bus of Asian tourists arrived a bit before 4pm, the kitchen had already closed and it appears that the waiters had even already left). Go figure! True, the place is magnificent, but I guess it can get creepy after dark, as there are no lights. So, if you want to go, make sure to go between noon and 2pm. You can either take a swim before lunch or relax on the beach for digestion after you've had lunch. Perfect place for honeymooners looking for tranquility!!

Reviewed May 27, 2014

The location and the palm trees framing the beach is beautiful. The smoked fish salad was good but needed the kick from the fresh creole chili sauce I ordered on the side. I also tried the Octopus curry which was ok. Can't rave about the food but I enjoyed the experience, location and relaxed vibe very much. Cant win them all!

Reviewed May 27, 2014

The location is so unbeatable that many "small" things can be forgiven. There is not much to forgive though. The service is quick, the menu not too extensive or imaginative, but that should not be too suprising and certainly was good enough for us. The rum punch is terrific, the setting is very relaxing.

Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

It is located on one of the most beautiful beach Anse Lazio in Praslin. It has a nice seating arrangement overlooking the beach. The food is good but it is very very expensive. If you look at the cost then the dining experience is not at all value for money but worth a visit for a drink.

1  Thank gavaksh
Reviewed January 31, 2014

This restaurant in just in front of the beautiful Anse Lazio beach in Praslin Island, the second largest island of Seychelles. The restaurant has a nice indoor bar with great fruit cocktails and a spectacular outdoor sitting area with nice view of the beach. I had a very nice chicken curry here with rice and vegetables and was very tasty. The service was average but I really enjoy the place. Very calm and relaxing.