For a family get away, it doesn't get better then this. With two young boys, our room was spacious enough to not only accommodate us but allow them space to play. The bed was comfortable and large enough for all four of us though the boys started out the nights on their sofa beds. The staff were friendly and obviously used to catering to to young families and the usual requests.
The pool was a clear winner and the boys LOVED it, including the smaller pool which they used when we didn't want to go in the larger pool. The beach is average but perfect for late afternoon sandcastles and gorgeous beaches are just minutes away so this is no deterrent. The hotel offers a convenient shuttle service to Cote D'Or which is a gorgeous bay on the other side of the island. we had our own car hire but will reconsider this next time.
The breakfast was first class with a wide selection and dinner was a buffet spread with very good food. Deserts were heavenly!
We had a great time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our rooms are spacious, each boasting a king-size bed, air-conditioning, ceiling fan, tea & coffee making facilities, mini fridge, IDD telephone, WiFi, safe, hairdryer and satellite TV and private terrace.The restaurant offers both local and international cuisine in an informal and friendly atmosphere. Live music five times a week. Our bar on the seaward side services both the lounge and the pool deck. Shuttle service to and from Cote D’or beach are available daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Indian Ocean Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Indian Ocean Hotel Praslin Island
- Indian Ocean Praslin Island