Indian Ocean Lodge is a lovely place to stay. it is like paradise. We stayed there for our 25th Wedding Anniversary Holiday and loved it. You have to do your research before you go anywhere and read up on where you are going to avoid any shocks. If the thought of going to the seaside and horror of horrors you bump into some seaweed on the beach then beware lol.
To be serious for a minute from the top;
very quiet clean tidy well maintained hotel
very quiet island
not a lot happens
it is peaceful
it is expensive - but local indian 'corner shops' make it more affordable.
a week would have been long enough for us but we booked for two.
try a week on Mahe and a week on Praslin.
You can visit the wildlife paradises of Aride, cousin and Cousine Islands.
You can day trip to La Digue Island - great fun.
Everything at Indian Ocean was perfect except the cost and the humidity in the restaurant - over bearing and no fans - ridiculous.
We ate out most nights in local restaurants and other Hotels especially the Britannia with its superb fish and chips (yes I know but I NEVER eat fish and chips!)
Would we go again - fore sure but not with any one who was scared of a bit of seaweed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our rooms are spacious, each boasting a king-size bed, air-conditioning, ceiling fan, tea & coffee making facilities, mini fridge, IDD telephone, WiFi, safe, hairdryer and satellite TV and private terrace.The restaurant offers both local and international cuisine in an informal and friendly atmosphere. Live music five times a week. Our bar on the seaward side services both the lounge and the pool deck. Shuttle service to and from Cote D’or beach are available daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Indian Ocean Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Indian Ocean Hotel Praslin Island
- Indian Ocean Praslin Island