We stayed in one of the Pirate Cove Bungalows of Iles des Palmes. A beautiful place we really can recommend!
A clean and spacious bungalow right in front of the beach. Just 3 steps from your veranda to the sea.
The bungalows are not right next to each other so you don't immediately look at your neighbors. In front you look at the beautiful Anse Takamaka bay with clear shallow water where you can see fishes and rays from your veranda or enjoy the birds on the lawn. At the back there's a big garden with a lot of coconuts, flowers and a small turtle pasture. The swimming pool area with a beautiful pool right in front of the sea is a very nice place to spend your afternoon and watch the sunset. Unfortunately, because the pool area is new and still a little bit under construction, the bar wasn't open jet. But we stayed there at low season so after all there were no other guest to sell drinks to.
To the main road and the bus stop it's about 15 minutes walk and the nearest shop is a bit further. If you're lucky a nice local will offer you a ride. The bus does not go al the way around the island and you have to pay every time you get in. If you take your time and enjoy being among the locals it's doable, but a rental car would be easier. You can arrange everything with the friendly receptionist.
A wonderfull place for a good price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Iles des Palmes bungalows is a premier Eco resort establishment with 20 cosy beach bungalows set out in a 18th century plantation. A large and peaceful garden just meters from the long and white sandy beach of anse takamaka on Praslin island.A pool and bar offer excellent vistas over the ocean. Restaurant Le Vasseur La Buse offers excellent Creole and international cuisine..Detached beach bungalows are typically designed in a Creole manner and fully equipped with all the necessary facilities and amenities for a pleasant stay.All Family units have kitchens. couple units we recommend B&b options.Iles des Palmes Bungalows are split into two different types of accommodations: ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Iles des Palmes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Isles Des Palmes Hotel Praslin Island
- Isles Des Palmes Praslin Island