This is a absolutely beautiful and luxury resort. It belongs to the French luxury chain "relais & Châteaux".
My husband and I have spent 3 nights there. We had a wonderful, elegant sea-view Villa. The resort is on the mountain, no beach, but it has really breathtaking view of ocean, mountain and the surrounding islands.
The jacuzzi on the mountain is a highlight of this resort. The restaurant, located at the swimming pool, is nice decorated place for breakfast and dinning. The breakfast is good, though not many choices, and everyday almost the same. For omelette or scrambled eggs you have to pay extra, and very expensive.
The hotel offered a car which included in the price, so we could drive around in Praslin, not necessarily having dinner every evening in the resort. It's bloody expensive to have dinner in the hotel, O.K. the food was quite delicious and the atmosphere was superb. But it's always good to have some adventures outside and experience the local restaurants.
The room rate is quite high (around 500,-€ per night), maybe because the Seychelles are defined as high-end destinations. .
Anyway, what Seychelles can offer, is not unique, so they really don't need to pretend they are exclusive in the world, so are their prices. Particularly I don't feel comfortable that tourists have always to pay double or three times more than the locals, e.g. boat ticket, entrance fee etc.
But if you MUST go to Seychelles, the resort is good choice in Praslin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally nestled on the idyllic and remote elevated coast of Praslin Island, Le Château de Feuilles representing the prestigious brand Relais & Châteaux offer by far, the most spectacular and unrivalled panoramic ocean view in the Seychelles. Sense the magic as the hotel features only nine exclusive accommodation options for a thorough taste of tranquility, privacy, intimacy and romance, with each of the luxurious exclusive options gifted by stunning picturesque turquoise ocean view and unspoilt lush beauty. Be it a romantic break or a family getaway, embark on a memorable holiday journey with us to experience in style the wonders of the Seychelles, your desires and in the making of your dreams, tempted by unconditional pamperings and surprises. Ultimately escape to this incredible hotel destination delivering the brand's promise with the so-perfect scene for quality time with loved ones, set-up only for you to extensively unplug and unwind whilst rejoicing an unfeigned and unmatched 5-star level of service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Le Chateau de Feuilles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Feuilles Hotel Praslin Island
- Chateau De Feuilles Praslin Island