Review Highlights
Ridiculous snow. Amazing guides. Great food. Best hospitality

Kingfisher isn’t cheap but it’s worth every penny. Every single person there knew me by name by the... read more

Reviewed December 25, 2017
Jonathan L
via mobile
This place goes to 11

We visited Kingfisher in week 10 and it was awesome snowboarding. We had the two best days of... read more

Reviewed March 13, 2017
Snorre R
Porsgrunn, Norway

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 30, 2015

I've been spoiled early season with some fantastic powder and a whack of vertical. Super fun wide open alpine and then into endless perfectly spaced trees. Blue skies, fluffy powder and great crew. Easy access. Affordable. Mellow to super gnarly terrain in beautiful BIG mountains. Would strongly recommend.

Date of experience: November 2015
KingfisherHeliskiing, Owner at Kingfisher Heliskiing, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2015

Thanks Paul! Hope to see you again and show you some more of our terrain.

Reviewed November 29, 2015

I just had the best day of November heli skiing of my life! This place is worth checking out if you love tree skiing.

Date of experience: November 2015
KingfisherHeliskiing, Owner at Kingfisher Heliskiing, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2015

Thanks Greg for your kind words. Love to have you back any time.

Reviewed November 28, 2015

Skiing in the Monashee mountains with Kingfisher Heliskiing & Great Slave Helicopters on Friday Nov 27th, 2015 was one that I'll remember for a long time. Their terrain has so much diversity, the snow was plentiful and the backdrop of the Pinnacle Mountains is breathtaking.
I look forward to more face shots with these guides and pilots, they compliment each other perfectly!

Date of experience: November 2015

Thanks Lianne! We loved having you out for the day. Hopefully you come back soon so we can show you more of our area and experience the Gold Panner Resort!

Reviewed November 28, 2015 via mobile

Today was straight up one of the most memorable/incredible/unbelievable days of my life. I had the privilege of accompanying Kingfisher Heli for some insane early season turns in the Monashees in ultimate riding conditions-blue skies, fresh pow and zero wind, with the best crew anyone could ask for. The terrain offered was a perfect mix of trees, chutes and bowls with breathtaking views to boot.

Thank you Tim, Matt, Kingfisher, and everyone else who helped make this dream of mine come true!

For anyone interested in a heli trip, these guys are true professionals, who so clearly love what they do; They will show you places you never knew existed in a fun, challenging, way. Seriously, there is nothing like this.

Date of experience: November 2015

Thank you so much for your kind review. Super happy that you were able to visit us and had such a memorable time.
Look forward to hosting you the next time you come!

Reviewed March 15, 2014

For several years I have been exploring an adventure vacation for my daughter and I. Since she is an avid snowboarder, heliskiing was on the short list. I had been in contact with a number of heliskiing operations in British Columbia, Canada but there didn’t seem to be a fit with what they offered and what we were looking for. My daughter is an advanced snowboarder and I am an intermediate skier. I was worried that either she would be bored or it would be beyond my capabilities. One operation said that I could always sit in the helicopter if I could not keep up (not the way I wanted to spend my heliskiing vacation). In the fall of 2013 I read about a new operation, Kingfisher Heliskiing, which was operating in Vernon, British Columbia. I spoke with Brittany Goettemoller, their Guest Relations Manager and really liked what she said. We booked our vacation for early March 2014. We had a great time. The snow was incredible (over 2 feet of fresh powder), the Monashee Mountain terrain is amazing, and everyone in our group had huge smiles after each and every run. Credit needs to be given to the two owner / guides, Matt Devlin and Tim Shenkariuk because there were six of us skiing, all with different skill levels and expectations; two guys from California – mid 30’s, expert skiers, previous heliskiing experience, two guys from Argentina – mid 20’s, one a snowboard instructor, my daughter – mid 20’s, advanced snowboarder and then there was me – late 50’s, average intermediate skier, first time heliskiing. It is worth mentioning that due to the heavy snow, which while making skiing fantastic, also posed a high avalanche concern. I always felt save with the terrain we skied. It is truly a credit to Matt and Tim that everyone had such an incredible time. Apres ski was equally enjoyable. Accommodations are rustic but upscale cabins with wood heat. Meals were delicious; prepared by their own chef Josh Church. The atmosphere was informal, fun and like one big family. Not only did we eat our meals with the other clients but were joined by the two owners (Matt and Tim), the chef (Josh), the helicopter pilot (Brad) and the helicopter engineer (Dan). Truly a unique and enjoyable experience!

Date of experience: March 2014
3  Thank DaveBritishColumbia
KingfisherHeliskiing, Director of Sales at Kingfisher Heliskiing, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Thanks so much for your review we look forward to hosting you again in the future!