“Excellent attitude of courtesy and the food was awesome!”

Hockley Valley Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mono
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I had previously stayed at the Hockley Resort about 15 years ago as a corporate client. Returned with a new company in May 2014. The upgrades to the rooms and decor were outstanding - very contemporary. Every meal was hot and delicious - Prime Rib was excellent as were the homemade preserves, breads & desserts. Hockley even smokes their own meat!
What most stood out to me was the consistent courteous attitude from each and every employee starting with Reception, then the food servers and the groundskeepers! After being thanked for their great service, they would often reply with "My pleasure!" A beautiful location that comes with a great culture of gracious service! I'm planning to return on a personal retreat with my honey!
Well done to all!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
HVR_President, Owner at Hockley Valley Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Thank you for your review.

I'm sure you noticed a HUGE difference from your stay 15 years ago, the Resort has undergone quite a transformation. From the renovations to the food philosophy - we have taken huge strides!

We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and most of all our sincere and courteous guest service.

Hope to see you again with your "honey".

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Tony and staff
Words could not possibly describe the feelings we had yesterday. Our guests were sending messages well into the evening telling us how delicious the food was, how incredible the service was and how breathtaking the grounds were.
I have been visiting Hockley since 1999 and have kept it my little secret, my little escape place. I shared it with everyone yesterday and now it is out why I always loved coming there.
All our guests left with the most amazing memories. The kids really enjoyed the pool as did the adults. What a way to end a perfect meal with beautiful weather and amazing scenery.
Tony, I would like to thank you for your patience, your kindness and generosity. You went above and beyond yesterday. I did not expect all the extra things you set up for the event at all. I have to say, Chef Renato did an amazing job as well. I knew the polenta would be a hit :) You made it quite difficult to select a menu which was frustrating, lol.
Thank you so much to everyone from the serving staff, kitchen staff, bartenders.. everyone! It was an absolutely incredible day for my guests and Isabella.
We will see you soon and we will make sure we stop in and say hello. I was in a bit of a "entertaining" mode, if I forgot to pay or left anything behind please let me know.
Thank you for introducing me to Nancy, I finally got a chance to tell her personally how happy I am with everything. She is an incredible woman with an amazing business vision.
Please let me know when you are anticipating the winery to open. We would love to share that with you all.
Thank you!
Toni and Hector (and family)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review.

We're so happy your stay was great and that your received fabulous guest service!

We are very excited about the new winery and it is slated to open in Spring of 2015, be sure to visit!

All the very best.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

I recently got married in the Montclair Ballroom at the Hockley Valley Resort and could not have been more impressed.

Leading up to the event, the staff were SO helpful and accommodating. We visited a couple months before the wedding to sample the food in Cabin and were blown away by how delicious everything was.

From the first moment we arrived the day before the wedding, the entire experience was amazing. The staff took care of all the details, even the ones I had forgotten. The rooms were beautiful and well kept, the hotel was gorgeous and everyone on staff went out of their way to make things perfect.

The wedding got raves from all our friends and family - the food was delicious, the venue itself was so elegant and everything just ran so smoothly. Every single staff member we encountered was smiling and friendly and outstanding.

I cannot recommend this hotel enough, especially as a wedding venue.

Special thanks to Christine, Tony, Stephanie, and Vineeth as our wedding would not have been possible without their help.

Room Tip: If you are getting married, make sure you take the Regal Suite with the wrought iron spiral-staircas...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
HVR_President, Owner at Hockley Valley Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Thank you for your review.

We're so happy that we made your special day one to remember.

Rave reviews from family and friends are always wonderful to hear, and our team goes out of their way to make it extra special for every bride and groom.

Thank you for your accolades for our staff, we have passed your comments along.

We look forward to seeing you for your anniversary! Enjoy your summer.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

This is a first class resort. The people make the visit exceptional. The food is outstanding and the rooms are first class. The new decor and ambience it creates is exceptional. Dinner in the Cabin restaurant was outstanding. Meal choices you just don't expect in a ski resort. An absolutely outstanding wine list, they cure their own meats and they are fabulous.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

What a great review! Thank you.

We're so pleased to read that you loved your stay, our exceptional service and the food.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We had spent a weekend at the resort to feel like we were getting away from Toronto but still not having to drive too far. This was our first time and it far exceeded our expectations.

Service:Probably the highlight of the trip, they treated us very nicely from the first interaction of walking into the door, till the last moment we left. They asked us repeatedly about our stay and genuinely remembered us and previous discussions we had. I think this is one of the best things a place can offer you. Is that personalized service and attention to make you feel like they care about you.

Rooms: We were given a 2 story loft room over that was very cozy and romantic and it felt like we were in our own little getaway. The overall ambiance was excellent in the room.

Dinning: We ate at Cabin and had the all you can eat breakfast and in both sittings the service was excellent. Both meals were perfect. I wish I could have stayed at breakfast forever, but i don't think i had any place left in my tummy.

Overall an excellent weekend getaway, we were very well taken care of and attended too and i would highly recommend Hockley primarily for this reason.

Room Tip: Loft is highly recommended.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely review.

Guest Service is of utmost importance to us, so we are thrilled to hear that we hit the mark for you.

It's great to hear that from the room, to the food, to your guest service, we made you feel like family.

Wishing you an excellent summer and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

We went for Family Day Weekend, great skiing, good for kids, we brought an inexperienced 9 year old friend of my daughters, it was perfect skiing for new and intermediate.
The Hotel is absolutely wonderful, first class, great food, wine, bar. We have been coming 4 years in a row at different times of the winter and never disappointed. This summer my wife and I plan to come alone and enjoy some golf and spa.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your review.

Family Day Weekend was incredibly popular this year, and we're so glad you joined us!

We hope to see you and your wife here during the summer, scenery is stunning, the pool oasis is calming and the golf and spa will just top off your stay!

Enjoy your summer! See you soon!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

This was the first time my kids age 11 and 9 and I went to Hockley Valley Resort for a mini ski break over the March Break and we had an excellent time! Claudia was excellent in booking my reservation over the phone for the March Break promotion which we booked a deluxe room with two queen beds, ski passes and complimentary breakfast.

From the moment we drove into the property there was a really nice lady who worked for Hockey who was directing us where to park (sorry I forgot your name) and wishing us a wonderful stay which was a really nice touch! Then when we entered the property the lobby was beautifully renovated and welcoming. Judy at front desk was a pleasure at check-in and had all our ski passes, March Break kids activity schedule and everything set for our reservation!

We had a renovated deluxe room and the room was spacious with a big balcony that faced the ski valley hills it was gorgeous! What I also liked was the pull-out couch pulled into a double bed which was a nice surprise! The only thing that would have been nice is if the room had a mini-safe and a mini-fridge but other then that I would definitely try to book this room again!

The skiing was perfect for a family vacation! We never had to wait in line ups. The kids and I are intermediate skiers and there were plenty of ski runs to keep the kids and I challenged!

There were also other March Break activities at the resort like ping-pong, air hockey, fuse-ball, dancing, movie time etc. but what my kids and I especially enjoyed after dinner was the outdoor fire pit where you could roast marshmallows or make smores and have a hot chocolate!

The restaurant named "85" was our favorite and the food and service we received was excellent! The staff was very accommodating about one of my kids who has a peanut allergy which is so much appreciated! Michael who worked in the evening provided awesome customer service and the daytime staff were also very pleasant. The view of the ski valley was beautiful from this restaurant. The buffet dinner and breakfast was wonderful and had many options to choose from!

At Cabin restaurant the decor of the restaurant and food quality are great but the server ignored our table and did not notice that all our food did not arrive at the same time which there was a big delay but the Restaurant Manager was very good in resolving the issues but overall service in this restaurant needs to improve.

The only other thing I would suggest in the future is to keep the night skiing open for the March Break! When I initially booked our reservation night-skiing was available for the March Break but to Hockley Valley staff credit they did call me way in advance to politely let me know that night skiing was cancelled which I did appreciate but it would have been nice to have that night skiing option for the March Break.

Overall an awesome March Break and an excellent fun time! If you are planning to do skiing over the March Break I would definitely recommend staying at Hockley Valley Resort!

Room Tip: Try to book a renovated deluxe room facing the ski hill (valley) with a balcony!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank sunshineCDN123

Thank you for choosing Hockley Valley Resort for your March Break getaway!

We enjoyed putting together the activity calendar for this March Break, packed full of activities for all ages.

You can request a fridge in your room if you like, please do so next time you make your reservation and we would be happy to do that for you.

We hope to see you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mono
Millcroft Inn & Spa
25 mi away
Best Western Plus Fergus Hotel
Red Pine Inn & Conference Centre
Molly's Retreat B and B

Been to Hockley Valley Resort? Share your experiences!