“Great Experience”

Hope Lake Lodge & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Virgil
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 20, 2010

We booked this trip after hearing about it on the radio. What alot of fun we had! Our girls are 3 and 7 and they both thought the WaterPark was awesome. There are Lifeguards posted at each water area so you feel very secure in the safety of your child. The girls thought the "Keycard" wristbands were great too and they kept having to take turns to open the door to our room. We want to try this place in the wintertime now so that we may go skiing too!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
captaink24, Director of Sales at Hope Lake Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It is nice to see our marketing efforts are working! :)

I am happy that your family had such a good time, and you enjoyed using our unique key cards. Remember for next time that they work on our vending machines, in the arcade, for our lockers, in the restaurants, and across the street at the ski area as well. We try to make everything as convenient and hassle free as possible.

Should you have any other specific comments or questions, or need assistance with your future reservation, please feel free to contact me directly. jkryger@greekpeakmtnresort.com

There are newer reviews for Hope Lake Lodge & Conference Center

Reviewed July 16, 2010

Just what we needed for a family get-away without the hassle of flying or driving all day. We arrived on a tuesday early afternoon and our room was ready (check-in was a breeze), I think our son was in the waterpark 15 minutes after we arrived. Wasn't sure about the wristband idea at first but loved the fact that we didn't need to bring anything with us when we were at the waterpark. We found the food and staff at the snackbar/cafe to be great, generous portions for the chicken fingers, burgers were large too. I wish I could remember the staff names at the snack bar but they were great. Our room was very nice, better kitchen than I have at home. Many little things that made the room a step above a plain hotel. The shower head was placed high on the wall, so nice if you are even a little bit tall, name brand tissues, very nice shampoo and conditioner. Big plus for including decafe coffee along with regular! The water from the tap tasted better than the bottled water we had with us. Huge rave for the bed and sheets! Very soft sheets and big fluffy pillows. Our son had no problems with the pull out bed, but not sure if an adult could sleep for a week on it. We cooked in our room but had one dinner at the Acorn Grill. Very nice. Quick service with large portions. Mid-week was quiet but picked up as the days went on. Lots of 6-10 year olds while we were there. Loved the waterpark! Felt very comforable and safe. The lifegaurds kept an eye on everyone. We plan on returning this year, maybe for ski season. Great place close to home (1 hour drive). Staff made us feel very welcomed from the first 'how may I help you" as we pulled up to the front door.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
captaink24, Director of Sales at Hope Lake Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am happy that you enjoyed everything about your stay, that the staff performed so well, and that the amenities exceeded your expectations. I look forward to seeing you again this winter, be sure to check our website before booking your stay to take advantage of ski and stay packages, or other great deals and specials. Should you have any other specific comments or questions I may be reached directly. jkryger@greekpeakmtnresort.com

Reviewed July 15, 2010

This resort offers fun and leisure for all ages! I traveled with my children, ages 3 and 8, and my parents, who are in their mid 50's. (I'm in my mid 30's). We all had a great time! Everything we needed was right there! Would be great for a family getaway, a couple's romantic getaway, or a friend's getaway! Staff was very friendly and attentive.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am glad that your whole family enjoyed themselves. We try to provide a variety of activities and amenities that appeal to everyone in the family. From skiing to swimming, hiking to biking, spa treatments to laser tag, we have a little something for everyone! Should you have any other specific comments or questions I may be reached directly at jkryger@greekpeakmtnresort.com

Reviewed July 13, 2010

My husband and I vacationed at Hope Lake Lodge with our 2 teenage sons for four days. It was a very relaxing resort situated among the hills south of the Cortland area. The resort was very clean and new. The front desk attendent was very professional and friendly. Housekeeping responded to requests promptly. The waterpark staff were extremely attentive to all swimmers and people in the area. We ate many meals at the Acorn Grill and the Bobcat Lounge. All of the food was very good and the selection satisfied everyone in the family. They even offered the 14 oz steak to replace the 10 oz. steak that they had run out for my husband's meal, which was a nice courtesy. To balance this review, I must add that there were only two areas in need of improvement. One, was that the gift shop was not staffed and that once we bought out all the milk it was not restocked even though I had informed the front desk that I had bought the last half gallon. On a positive note, however, the next day, the front desk staff did offer to go to the corner store and buy some for us, which was very nice. The other area that needs to be addressed is the lack of air circulation in the loft area of the suite. The air temperature was hot and we asked for a box fan to help us sleep, which the hotel provided promptly. Overall, it was a vacation worth repeating and I would suggest this resort if you are seeking some R &R.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
captaink24, Director of Sales at Hope Lake Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am glad that you and your family had a good time and were able to relax and enjoy yourselves. It is also nice to see that some of the food service items we have been working on are improving. I am also happy to see that we continue to exceed expectations in terms of customer service.

I have brought the two items that you mentioned to management for them to address. Should you have any other specific comments or questions I may be contacted directly. jkryger@greekpeakmtnresort.com

Reviewed July 12, 2010

The hotel offered my girlfriend and I an amazing 4th of July experience. We check in on Saturday after a 2 1/2 hour drive up from NJ. The main lobby was very large and cozy with a great big fireplace in the center, small couches and TV's around the room. After we got our "keys" that weren't really keys, but wristbands that allow you into your room, into the waterpark, and also allowed you to link a card up to pay for drinks at the bar or food. I thought that was super cool idea since you didn't have to worry about losing your keycard or worrying about where to leave your wallet down at the waterpark, all you need is your wristband.
The room was also a welcomed surprise, it had more amenities then my house. It came with full size fridge, 4 burner stove/oven, microwave, and a dishwasher. The room also includes a Murphy bed that gets folded back into the wall to save space, just feature that gave the room another cool touch.
After me and my girlfriend headed down to the waterpark to spend some time to relax from the ride up. I've been to other indoor waterparks before Great Wolf Lodge and I will admit this was not as large, but unlike GWL, there were NO LINES, plenty of rides and attractions, and for the half price we paid for the hotel and waterpark compared to what GWL charges. Overall me and my girlfriend had a great time playing around in the waterpark like the big kids we are.
After the waterpark we planned on going out to try and see some fireworks but come to find out the hotel was throwing a cookout and fireworks next door at their lake. We walked over and found that the entire community was having a cookout and everyone brought food, desserts, and drinks. It was like going to a family cookout without that annoying aunt who's asking when your going to get married. We had a great time stuffing our faces and watching the fireworks.
Overall I was extremely happy we made the trip up. Everything that weekend was amazing, I've been recommending it to all my co-workers who have kids and also looking for a place nearby to relax. We will definitely be back in the winter for some skiing, and will have to stay longer so we can use that dishwasher :)

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Josh_Baptiste

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am glad that you and your girlfriend chose to spend your holiday weekend with us. We did have a lot going on that weekend, and I am happy you were able to take advantage of most of it. We try to have a variety of activities going on all the time, between the waterpark, the lake, wagon rides, theatre productions, laser tag, etc.

I am glad that you found the facility so nice and thanks for positive comparison. Hope to see you (and some of your co-workers) here soon. Should you have any other comments or questions I may be contacted directly. jkryger@greekpeakmtnresort.com

Reviewed July 7, 2010

The resort is fantastic. We have two young children (ages 6 & 3) and there was something for them to do everyday.....from the waterpark, to the arcade, to the children's activity center, to storytime.....the kids enjoyed, and so did my wife & I.
We bought some milk, eggs & bread to make our own breakfast, but now we think that was a mistake because the food at the Acorn Grill was fantastic.
The staff are incredibly friendly, and tried very hard to make our stay enjoyable. They were very professional and at the same time made us feel right at home.
We are planning on going again in August, and possibly in the winter to try skiing.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
captaink24, Director of Sales at Hope Lake Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am glad that everything about your stay was so enjoyable. Looking forward to seeing you again this summer, and then in the winter, where we have a whole different set of activities for your family to enjoy! Should you have any other comments or questions I may be contacted directly. jkryger@greekpeakmtnresort.com

Reviewed June 25, 2010

Perfect for families with children. Lots of activities during the stay there. We went on the paddle boats, the kids were able to get a lesson and ride a pony. Indoor waterpark was great with waterslides, hot tubs, outdoor pool and lots of staff attending the area. Very good service at the restaurant. It was fast, delicious and presented nicely. The room was beautifully decorated, lots of space and very clean. The bed was so comfortable and the place just opened last December, so everything is pretty new which was nice. The landscapping was not quite done when we visited but I am sure it will look nice once it is completed. Staff was excellent and friendly. I will be going back soon.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
captaink24, Director of Sales at Hope Lake Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am very glad to see you were able to take advantage of many of the variety of activities we offer here at the Resort. We are looking to add even more things to do in the coming months and into next summer, including a ropes course, mountain coaster, zip line, activity center, and more. Hopefully some of it will be done by the time you come see us again!

Should you have any questions or specific comments I may be contacted directly. jkryger@greekpeakmtnresort.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Virgil
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cortland
Best Western Plus Finger Lakes Inn & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ithaca
Homewood Suites by Hilton Ithaca
The Statler Hotel at Cornell University
Courtyard Ithaca Airport/University

Been to Hope Lake Lodge & Conference Center? Share your experiences!