Hope Lake Lodge & Conference Center
Cortland Motel(Cortland)
Econo Lodge(Cortland)
Quality Inn(Cortland)
View Hotel
All reviewswater parkwave poolindoor waterparkgreek peakfull kitchenmurphy bedzip lininglife guardshot tubolder kidsski resortsnow tubingbrought foodfamily vacationlift ticketspots and pansgas fireplace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We have family gatherings here in Thanksgiving 2012. Found very good reviews and decided to try with high expectations. With Groupon special, it is a good value. Waterpark is small as compare with the other waterparks we had tried, and surprisingly they charge hotel guests for using it. Other than that, everything else has been wonderful, especially the well equipped kitchen.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Gayle K, Owner at Hope Lake Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Hello
Thank you for spending your Thanksgiving Holiday at Hope Lake Lodge. Just this past year we changed our policy and now all the guests have free access to the year round outdoor pool and the indoor-outdoor hotubs. The Cascades Indoor Waterpark although attached to the hotel is a separate attraction and that is why a fee is charged. We used to include the waterpark in the price of the stay but so many guests wanted the flexibility of paying for the waterpark only when they were going to use it. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward your next visit.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

We stayed at the Hope Lake Lodge on a Groupon - even so, it was not cheap! But the room was fabulous, everything was new and a lovely southwest design (lots of rustic log wooden furniture and wilderness prints). the best part was the waterpark in the hotel, which both my children, boys 12 and 14, enjoyed immensely (although the hot tub area was overrun with college kids in the evening). Greek Peak is right across the street, and although we didn't ski, we went to their Outdoor Adventure Center, where they have a mountain coaster - highly recommend! The staff at this resort were very friendly and one member even pulled by husband's car out of a snowbank when he went off the road - talk about customer service!

Room Tip: we had a room close to the arcade/waterpark, which was convenient but noisy. I'm sure you could ask for a better view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Gayle K, Owner at Hope Lake Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Hello:
Thank you for spending your MLK break with us at Hope Lake Lodge! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was helpful and friendly. Please remember us when booking another getaway, there is so much to see and do in the Fingerlakes Region every season of the year.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed at Hope Lake Lodge Arcadia Village with my boyfriend this week from Monday January 14 to Thursday January 17th. Our unit was 17B. We really liked having our own apartment separate from the lodge because it was more private. The space was definitely bigger than we anticipated and we loved the fully equipped kitchen, fireplace and the 1 1/2 bathrooms. Decor and quality of the townhouse itself was a bit outdated (TV, kitchen, bathroom) and run down but overall clean and spacious.

Our first night there we tried connecting to wi-fi but there wasn't any available. We called the front desk but the man working couldn't help us and didn't offer to try. He said that the wi-fi is "Hope Lake Lodge" and we should be able to connect. I explained to him we were down the road in Arcadia village therefore probably couldn't connect to the lodge wifi but he said he had no idea why and couldn't help. We did go to the front desk the next day and the lady there was a lot more helpful. She made some phone calls and had someone follow up with us that the owners of the home would be turning the wifi on. When we arrived at home that night it still wasn't working so we gave up. I was disappointed but I didn't want to spend so much time trying to figure it out either.

I felt overall the staff at Hope Lake Lodge could be better trained and informed. Any questions we asked about specific services were a problem. I called to ask about skiing and the pricing/specials and the guy who answered was a bit clueless and suggested I look on the website for more information. The coupons for $25 skiing that were supposed to be at several local stores were only available at Tops which we found after a wild goose chase of several different spots. Again when I called about that nobody had any answers for me. We asked the waitress at the restaurant for a bottle of water and she told us they didn't sell water and sent us to a vending machine on the next level which wasn't even stocked with water. It's a small thing but a little ridiculous at the same time. The restaurant late night menu is very limited and when we tried to order food one night we were told they only have sandwiches. Upon check in I was given a menu and told by the man there that "this was the late night menu which they can deliver to your room".

We did a ski lesson at Greek Peak on Wednesday and the instructors were great. They were patient, knowledgeable, and great teachers. We had a lot of fun at Greek Peak even though it was our first time skiing we did really well. The ski boots were very uncomfortable but I was told that was because they didn't fit me properly. Overall a great experience for a first time skier. The mountain was the best part of the property.

We booked an appointment for balneotherapy at the spa Wednesday night. The spa was really clean and relaxing. The room was private and the bath felt wonderful especially after a day of skiing. The only disappointing part was that we couldn't use the sauna because we were informed that it needed an hour to heat up and they were closing in an hour. Our fault for making a late appointment but perhaps they could have asked us if we wanted to use the sauna when we booked. It is after all in the same room we were using.

Cortland itself was a bit boring and the hotel was in the middle of nowhere but it was relaxing and beautiful, especially after some snowfall. We ate at Smokin' Mule one night which was pretty decent fast food BBQ. We also ventured to Syracuse and Ithaca during our stay which we enjoyed. We didn't eat at Acorn Grill because we used our kitchen to cook most meals.

I'm not sure I would recommend Hope Lake Lodge to friends ONLY because the staff just made things very difficult. Also upon check in we were given a packet of information that wasn't very helpful. I would suggest that the staff be more informed on Arcadia village if you are going to be renting the rooms through the hotel and perhaps be more solution oriented. Hope the service improves because it is a nice place!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Gayle K, Owner at Hope Lake Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Hello:
Thank you for choosing The Peak for your winter getaway. We will be using your review for our training and apologize for any inconvenience this caused you. We are glad that you liked the skiing and hope that you return and in the meantime we will be working with the staff to be more solution oriented and informed. The hotel lobby is a large and relaxing place to use your computer and I’m sorry that this wasn’t suggested. Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Husband and I stayed the weekend of Jan 11-13. From the time we checked in the entire place was fabulous. Quick check in with smiling faces, beautiful room with a fantastic view. We ate all our meals at the Acorn grill. Our waitress (Alysia) for almost every single meal was the best. She was definitely one of a kind. Very friendly and attentive. Laura booked us our room and we could not have asked for anyone better. She even called to make sure everything was to our liking. Hunter in dining was also one of a kind, very attentive too. I plan to go again for a longer stay and I have been telling my family members and friends they all need to experience Hope Lake Lodge. 5 stars in my book. Thank you for letting us experience such a wonderful weekend. Every single person we came in contact with was very friendly and welcoming.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor and the view was fabulous. Overlooking the pools and lake.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carol F
Gayle K, Owner at Hope Lake Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Hello:
Thank you for taking your time to write such a wonderful review of Hope Lake Lodge. It was very nice of you to mention the staff members by name, they appreciate it very much. Our goal is to provide an enjoyable stay for every guest and we are happy that your expectations were met. We look forward to your next visit. If you would like any ideas for things to do in the area please give me a call. During the summer there are wine tours by boat, sailing on Seneca Lake and many other attractions in the area.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

great weekend at Greek Peak. The snowtubing was amazing - the perfect snow adventure for the people in your party who don't ski. Get there early in the morning and you will have no lines. The Mountain Coaster was a big hit as well. We had guest out to enjoy the waterpark and they loved it.

The restaurant has changed its menu and found a new chef so we were pleased with the food. When we stayed before this was not our favorite part.

Overall, a beautiful facility and a great place to stay with kids

Room Tip: all the rooms are quiet and very clean. Choose one with a balcony.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Hello:

Thanks for staying with us!. Anthony our new chef was glad to get his first mention in a review on TripAdvisor and the staff and I are happy that you took the time to write a review. Thank you.