“Great food, great service”

Freemans Dining Room
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Lyttelton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

I had been here once before in November and was hoping it would be just as good as I remembered and it was. Nice, relaxed, yet classy atmosphere. Really friendly staff who were professional but engaging. The food is well priced for what you get and is presented well. I would come again.

1  Thank Patchavanti

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Went spur of the moment for a family dinner. We live in Lyttelton and commonly drive through to christchurch instead of dining local. Why ? I asked myself while devouring the most delicious pasta dish (chicken tortellini) I have eaten for a long, long time. Went for the breads & dips as a starter - even that had an exquisite balsamic & olive oil combination and tasty grilled bread. $17 for a main Monday to Thursday - extremely good value. The wine list was realistic and managed to find a really nice Pinot for $40 ! Will be going back soon.

1  Thank Travelling-wilbur
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Back in NZ on holiday - we popped in by chance for a quick lunch today. Simply fantastic. My wife is Italian (and I've been living there for the past 6 years as well) - and we'd happily take Italian friends there. None of us had pizza - but the ones that came past our table looked (and smelled) more like Italian pizza than anything else we've found in NZ.

Oh - and ALL the staff were friendly & helpful!!!

1  Thank OffshoreKiwi
Reviewed April 22, 2014

This is the second time we have visited this restaurant, and on both occasions we have had wonderful meals and great service. The pizza's are excellent.

1  Thank Crazysteveb
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Very nice and friendly atmosphere, great food choices. This is one of our regular hangouts and it never disappoints. Great pizzas, yummy mains and a good selection of wines.

1  Thank Frankspy