“good food, terrible service”
Review of The Garden House Cafe - CLOSED

The Garden House Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Relax in peaceful natural surroundings within the Thermal Pools. The Garden House Cafe exclusive views over the picturesque thermal pools complex coupled with its excellent menu and friendly staff creates a unique and enjoyable dining experience. Join us for a relaxed lunch before or after your soak in the hot pools and choose from a wide range of cafe foods from our blackboard menu. We are fully licensed but also have a wide range of non-alcoholic beverages including excellent espresso coffee.
Reviewed September 30, 2011

I went there on september the 9th with my girlfriend, because I had heard from friends about the quality of their burgers, besides it was lovely sunny day and it's just pretty cool to sit outside with the pools and all. As I walked in, to place my order, I was a bit surprised for finding so many tables with dirty stuff on them, that needed to be cleared. After ordering though I went outside and sat at the only table that didnt have dirty dishes on it. I had planned to order dessert as well, and my girlfriend was very excited about it, given that the sweets and pastries looked wonderful on the display shelves. So far, so good. Until one of the burgers arrived but the other didn't. It was quite weird because it certainly isn't one of those huge places where things can get mixed up, it was even brought to the table by the same girl that took the order, so, naturally I got up after 10 mins and tried to find out what was wrong, I spoke to the unapologetic manager and he explained that we've only been charged for one burger and if we wanted the second one, we could order it (when the other burger had been eaten long ago), needless to say, we just went away, appalled by the level of service to be found in one NZ's touristic icons.