Hamner is not my "gig"-would in truth recommend Tekapo far above it as a comparable destination-particularly in terms of the springs; (Hamner we always find to be very dirty-the Tekapo ones are pristinely clean and far more relaxed); but as it were we had to stop over in Hamner on our way to Tekapo.
Thoroughly recommend this motel-very clean with pretty well everything you need. Nice bed linen but NB there is no oven-just a gas hob so watch what you expect to cook there. Also there seemed to be very few towels-only one tea towel and 2 bathroom towels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SETTLERS MOTEL is a 5 star boutique motel carefully designed for your comfort and privacy. With relaxing decor and quality fittings you can be assured of a totally rejuvenating holiday, short break or romantic weekend away in superb accommodation which has that special touch. We are situated just 60 metres from Amuri Avenue in lovely tranquil surroundings with no street or traffic noise. We are a Qualmark 5 Star rated motel - Self Contained and Serviced - "Exceptional, among the best available in New Zealand." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Settlers Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Settlers Hotel Hanmer Springs
- Settlers Motel Hanmer Springs