“Good atmosphere , nice service and great lamb shanks”
Review of O'Flynns Irish Pub

O'Flynns Irish Pub
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Nelson-Tasman Region, New Zealand
“Good atmosphere , nice service and great lamb shanks”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

This was near where we were staying and on a cold night it was warm and welcoming. Young couple obviously trying to "make a go" of this. Unfortunately when we asked for the dessert menu they had to suggest we go to Monteith's next door. Even some ice cream and berries or something would keep people there. Not a good look to have to send customers to the opposition. We shared the salmon and the lamb shanks which were delicious.

Hamilton, New Zealand
“The worst meal”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We went to o'Flynns after the hot pools. There were 4 of us. After waiting too long we recieved our meals. They didn't look too bad. My husband ordered the stake. There was no way he could cut his meat and when he manage got rip it apart he said he can't eat this. I felt he overreacted until I tried some and as much as I chewed I had to actually remove it from my mouth as it was not only too tough and full of gristle but it tasted terrible. My hot pot was cold in parts and warm in other parts and the meat was tough and not enjoyable. My son in law ordered lamb shanks and said it was not the best but ate most of it. My daughter ordered salmon and loved it. I called the waiter and kindly mentioned my husband was having trouble eating his meat and I tried it and yes it was really inedable. We didn't mention the other meals as we didn't want to make too much of a fuss. Our waiter said he will talk to the chef. He didn't return to us and so I called him over. He said sorry but he spoke to the chef and yes the meat is a bad cut and they said they won't buy there meat from them again and there was nothing they could do about it. That's what you ordered, that's what you got. But we can offer you a free drink if you like. We were disgusted and said no thank you and left. We are being very lenient in our comments. We would not generally do this. First time. And we are not fussy eaters. Just a warning not to waste your money.

2 Thank Kieren H
Florida
“Was just ok”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We decided to try the irish pub after our trip to the spa. We ordered a cheese dip, several beers, a lamb dinner and a very appealing looking salad. The bartenders/staff were very pleasant but the food wasn't very good. My husband isn't a picky eater but he said his meal was just ok. The atmosphere was great though.

1 Thank Lindsay L
Blenheim, New Zealand
“Great food!”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Nice Irish pub with good atmosphere, great food and service. All the meals looked delicious and very well presented. Highly recommend the steak, stout and mushroom pie! Prices very reasonable too!

2 Thank ChristineMarlb0r0ugh
Anakiwa, New Zealand
“Superb Food with Irish Atmosphere”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

The bar and seating area was large with plenty of seating room. Lovely mixed Irish music playing in the background. Generous portions of food, well presented and extremely flavoursome. Very friendly, polite and attentive staff.

Visited June 2014