“Simply one of the best meals I've ever had!”

No.31 Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The former "Laurels" Restaurant re-opened its doors in May 2012, as "No.31 Restaurant & Bar", an A la Carte Restaurant specializing in modern European/New Zealand Cuisine. The restaurant is set in a quaint character cottage on the main street of Hanmer Springs. French doors open out to a lovely courtyard for alfresco dining and an outside bar leaner for pre-dinner drinks/cocktails in the warmer months. Inside the restaurant it is very homely, with an open fire, wooden floors and candle-lit tables. Award winning chef/owner, Michael van de Wiel ( previous chef/owner at "The Old Post Office Restaurant", Hanmer Springs, for 12 years). Fully Licensed and NOT BYO. Reservations Recommended.
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I came here with my girlfriend. We both agreed that the lamb main was the best we'd ever had, anywhere! I really enjoyed both my entree and dessert too.

If we had more time in Hanmer, we would have come back again for another meal.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

excellent meal and service very warm and inviting enviroment definitely 5 star quality and relaxed atmosphere

Reviewed June 5, 2013

This was the second time we've visited No. 31 and once again we were blown away with the fantastic food and service. We eat out a lot, so after talking about it, we agreed that we'd never had a better meal.

It was so good, that even though we had reservations for a meal out the following night with friends, we brought them back to No. 31 just so we could experience it again.

We can't recommend No. 31 Restaurant & Bar highly enough!

1  Thank Anna F
Reviewed June 5, 2013

The food was world class as was the service I could not recommend this more highly, if you are visiting Hanmer this is a place you must eat at.

1  Thank Geoff B
Reviewed June 2, 2013

No. 31 is all class. From the wonderful greeting and attentive staff to the amazing food. My husband and I took one look at the menu and new we were in for something special. We didn't hesitate in ordering 3 courses which is something we very rarely do. It was pure bliss in the mouth from start to finish. We had missed the owner/chef since the days of the Post Office Restaurant. So thrilled to find he has returned in grand style better than ever. We will definitely be back should we be lucky enough to have another child free weekend.