Looking forward to a night away we could not fault the staff. From Reception, to room service, to wait staff, they were unfailingly cheerful, helpful and efficient. The building however let them down. We stayed in the main hotel which had a musty/smoky odour in the foyer, creaking floorboards at points, and sticking latches on the window. An enjoyable stay in a refreshing spot, tainted (not spoiled!) by aging facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 90 minutes from Christchurch, Hanmer Springs is the perfect place to escape the pressure of the city and relax in the natural beauty of the Southern Alps. The Heritage Hanmer Springs is a landmark hotel in the heart of Hanmer Springs Village, just a short stroll from the shops and the famous Thermal Pools. Nestled in 9 hectares of beautifully landscaped gardens, the historic Hanmer Lodge building offers the perfect retreat from the stress of modern life. Relax and enjoy the peaceful outdoor setting that the hotel provides, including our tennis court and outdoor swimming pool (seasonal). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Heritage Hanmer Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Hanmer Springs Hotel Hanmer Springs
- Hanmer Springs Heritage
- Heritage Hotel Hanmer Springs