“Just delicious”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed this busy and very friendly place. The food was fabulous and they do a 20$ steak night on Monday and Tuesday. We were served by a really friendly Irish girl called Karen that made the night even more enjoyable. Would highly recommend this place for food and atmosphere!

There are newer reviews for Monteiths Brewery Bar Hanmer Springs

Reviewed February 24, 2014

My husband asked to order food and was told to approach the maîtredir , In a bar !!!!!!! We were told a waitress would come over , ten minutes later we ordered our fish and steak and then it got interesting . We were asked to leave our credit card behind the bar !!!!!!!! seriously , I don't think so . I said no , ( any credit card company in Europe and USA advises credit card never leaves your side ) . We were then asked to settle our bill !!!!!!!! YES you heard right , settle and pay our bill before we had even had the opportunity to eat or taste the food , and 2after dinner mints were handed to us . The maîtredi JO ( who was extremely rude and looked down her nose ) commented this was Monteiths policy as customers run out without paying their bills , she should not be in this position as customer care is not one of her strong points . I have to say at this point our food was very good , and at this point problem no 2arises !! Here comes the waiter asks if we like our food and could he get us anything else , ( yes please glass of wine and a beer ) . Do you have a tab ??? We say no , he then announces can't get you anything you need to go to the bar and get yourself . !!!!!!!!! Well people my husbands face said it all , at that point I call the manager , to which he then tells us the policy of the bar and in fact NZ was to take credit cards of people and hold behind bar , or you pay up front. , . Get this straight Monteiths nowhere in the whole of New Zealand North or South have we ever been told to leave our credit card behind the bar or treated like this , it's unique to to this bar and this town , we were made to feel like criminals NOT customers . Get a grip Monteiths this is not good practice , change the policy and the attitude . Rest assured my comments will be going to the top of the chain after your appalling attitude this evening , sad thing was I walked out after hearing the managers pathetic response . I wonder who my credit card company would agree with ??????? Will never visit your establishment again , do you care ? Doubt it

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Very pleasant location in the village; staff very friendly and accommodating. Unable to comment on the food as we only had a beer and coffee.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Right outside the Hotsprings, the bar serves a great lunch and of course you can never go wrong with a pint (or a few) of Monteiths.... great beer.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Have eaten here a few times, and find you can't go wrong if you order the basic pub food ie Nachos, Fries, breads. I have been disappointed in the past ordering the mains menu, so now stick to the pub grub.
Atmosphere good, service was great, and wouldn't definitely be back again.