“Life Changing”

Hanmer Springs Bungy Jump
Ranked #1 of 7 Tours in Hanmer Springs
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: JET Hanmer Spring’s spectacular Waiau Gorge, for an unforgettable experience in a beautiful environment. Manoeuvre with classic jet boat power 30kms along the Waiau River, under the historic bridge and between deep canyon walls. BUNGY from the historic 135 year old Waiau Ferry bridge, for a 35 metre free fall to the river canyon below. Experience the adrenalin high on the way down and pure elation on the bounce back up! RAFT an alpine river and marvel at the twist rock, water holes, pink marble and faultline. In clear water you may see salmon and trout as you float down the Waiau River canyon. Take off on a QUAD BIKE tour - challenge the terrain, river bed creek crossings, mud and Hanmer Springs farmland trails. You can also enjoy Paintball and Clay Bird Shooting in this wonderful natural environment. Groups, team building and conferences are also catered for.With a host of exciting and fun activities, this is an adventure for the whole family to enjoy! Open daily 9.00am to 5.00pm.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed February 9, 2013

My friend and I are from the States and are here in NZ for golf. But we decided to have a little fun as well. I have been wanting to Bungee in NZ. I wanted to go to Queenstown but because of time issues we couldn't so I looked up what was close to Christchurch and Hamner Springs was. My friend was a little unsure if she wanted to do it. When were got there everyone made us feel very welcome and reassured that everything was going to be ok. The guys that secured our harnesses on the bridge were great. Positive and encouraging. My friend and I both jumped and it was one the best things we have done in our lives! I recommend going to Hamner Springs and doing this. You also get a certificate and a shirt for jumping.m

1  Thank Lacey A
Thrillseekers-Adv, General Manager at Hanmer Springs Attractions, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Thanks for your feedback,we value your input.

There are newer reviews for Hanmer Springs Attractions

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Had a great time with three of my children at Thrillseekers. Jet boat ride with fun and thrilling. Quad biking done very professionally and we all enjoyed it. I'd go back and do more another day.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We went out with Shane for a few hours, absolutely brilliant. Good safety instructions even for us slightly more experiened and used to quads. Great tracks, great bikes, great time. Good fun had by all, Shane is an excellent guide and we were able to go further than most due to his expert guidance, knowledge and track selection. Will be back in winter to try it out in the snow. Shane thanks for a awesome experience. A really cool thing to do! Cheers Rik/Nico.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Bungy was good, but we all would of went if there was a little discount, so they only recieved the one booking.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

After doing several Jetboating trips in NZ i found that while Thrillseekers didn't get me as close to rock walls as some of the others the short info stops along the way were very educational in learning about the river, rock and local geology. These stops also gave time to take some fantastic scenic photos. would recommend for all ages.