“Standard pub food”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 31, 2018

We went along to this bar/restaurant for a meal and quiz night. The wait-staff were lovely and the service was good. They were very welcoming in regards to pub quiz participation as well. As far as ambience goes I thought the downstairs part (where the main entrance was) was nicer. We were up the top for the pub quiz though and it was just fine up there...maybe it felt a bit less cosy due to it being a bigger space. Our friendly and helpful waiter (who I think was also the manager or owner) made a great wine recommendation. Hubby had fish and chips which was ok (he said he’s had better/had worse) and I had the salmon which was tasty, a nice portion size and healthy (served with rice and veg). The pub quiz was well run and entertaining so we certainly had an enjoyable evening.

Reviewed May 21, 2018

Lovely people serving fantastic local food, well presented and good size servings. Cosy and welcoming on a cold evening when everyone else in town seemed closed.

Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I called in tonight wonderful meal my steak was perfectly cooked so yummy my wife had the pork pineapple salad she loved it service was top notch the puddings were so yummy wonderful night highly recommended

Reviewed May 13, 2018

In modern surroundings, we were served extremely tasty, well presented food by a very unassuming guy who obviously wanted us to enjoy ourselves. Probably the best evening meals we had eaten during the whole of our 3 weeks tour of New Zealand. Suggest pre-booking to avoid missing out on this restaurant.

1  Thank Johnjplan
Reviewed April 28, 2018

The orners are nice and lovely, very good ambiance in the restaurant with the chimney and very very good food and wonderful coffee.