“Mixed bag”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Came here for a family dinner, generally we found this restaurant good across the board. The service was adequate and prompt.
We got a range of entrees and mains so got a good variety of food. The entrees are substantial in size and if you were not a big eater might even be enough for a main. I had the prawn cocktail: the good - lots of prawns and nice sauce; the not so good - the prawns were not fresh and were lacking flavour, and the glass that this is served in is quite high and awkward to eat out of. The fettuccine was delicious as were the bread and dips. Steer clear of the risotto, again the prawns and scallops were not fresh and lacked flavour, there are nicer things on the menu.
Recommend the venison for a main, this was beautifully cooked and the sauce divine. Family members had the fish of the day and chicken which they enjoyed.
Overall we enjoyed the experience and meal however there are a few potholes in the menu.

There are newer reviews for Nash Wine Bar & Restaurant

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I was looking forward to eating here as i was in Cambridge for approximately 8 nights. It was recommended to me. The look and feel Nash has a very welcome feel and looks like a good meal will be served. I ordered from the menu a Filet Mignon and when the meal came it looked text book and delicious. There was a slight problem with what was actually described on the menu and what was on the plate. I pointed that out to the staff and pleasingly, they took my comment with real professionalism and not the attitude of the "moaning customer". The steak was excellent and well worth the visit. Nash do deserve a visit because despite the small mistake, they are professional and know how to serve food and very importantly - give service - a good combination not always found together even in restaurants with a name.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We enjoyed the location and the friendly service. You can sit outside and watch the sun set with a 'happy hour' beer! We had a couple of small platters and they were delicious too. Would return here for sure.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We went to Nash lastnight & couldn't fault a thing.
Excellent waitress so friendly & helpful.
The food was outstanding. Thanks Cameron.
I had Duck.
Hubby had eye fillet steak.
Finished with a gorgeous dessert of cheesecake & white choc mousse.
It was all delicious.

I don't know what the few negative reviews are all about.
Some people are just born moaners!

We will be back as we have been 2x now & loved it both times as did our friends.
Thanks for everything

Reviewed April 9, 2013

6 of us went to the Nash tonight , I was a bit worried about how it would be after reading some previous reviews. Their was no need to worry as all aspects of the night went well. The service, meal and atmosphere were all great. There were no complaints from any of us after all enjoying a 3 course meal. Special mention for the cheese board plate for dessert. Easily the best I have ever had and I have ordered a few cheese boards over the years. Well done and thanks for a great night