“50th Birthday celebrations”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“50th Birthday celebrations”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Last weekend I had 23 people booked into The Fig Tree Restaurant at Eumundi. I made prior arrangements via email leading up to my 50th birthday lunch. All correspondence by Nicola was excellent. When we arrived the table was set up lovely. The meals came out at the allocated time I requested. The food was really lovely and very affordable. The staff were all so friendly and helpful and nothing was a problem. Special mention to Nicola, Andy, Vicki and Marion for making my birthday celebration for myself, family and friends one to remember. Would highly recommend The Fig Tree and will certainly be eating there again next time I am at Eumundi.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Debbie M

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Five times now!”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

It's so hard to get the iconic perfection of true 'fish and chips' anywhere in the world. But the Fig Tree keeps giving and giving! For the fifth time in a row, visiting the brilliant arty markets over as many years, my daughter and I revelled in sharing the crispy battered barramundi, slathered in juicy lemon and dipped in true caperberry tartare, with giant seasoned chips dipped in spectacular home-made tomato relish. We shared without a glitch, as the three large fillets are too generous for one petite female, although the bottomless pit of the 14 year old, could have polished it all, without the barbaric knife wielding, menacing me if my fork seemed fuller than hers . A chilled glass of Crowded House sb (for me) and a perfect lemon, lime an bitters for the prodginy, met the beauty of leafy Eumundi. Service was brilliant, given we were the last diners of the day at 2.30, but nothing was spared. We'll be back, same time next year!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Annette A
Singapore, Singapore
“Great for market”
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Trip to Wednesday market and started with breakfast at the Fig Tree. Probably because it was recommended by Alan our driver and small discount on tea and coffee. Very country style cafe overlooking the markets. Old world feel. Friendly staff and prompt service. The porridge and toasted fruit loaf were an excellent start to the day. All at reasonable cost for these parts. Recommended to visit on the market trip.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Bill N
Gold Coast, Australia
“great breakfast stop”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Breakfast was delicious when we stopped early on a mid-week morning.
We settled back to sip a fresh brewed coffee, skipped through the newspaper while watching the many locals drop by.
Our breakfast was fantastic. I enjoyed bircher museli with yogurt covered with lots of fruit. My partner enjoyed cooked breakfast special - strongly recommend to check out the specials.
We thoroughly enjoyed our short stop but know we will happily return

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank ConsultantDoctor
Brisbane, Australia
“a past favorite”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

nice vibe, interesting menu, be sure you double check that they are going to be open. we were let down last visit. Does have a consistant quality, including some nice seafood and curries

Visited March 2013