“Worth a visit”

18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Friendly cellar door, gorgeous wines with the vintage port and cherry liqueur the highlights. Graceful old trees dot the property and a platform offers stunning views.

Corvallis, Oregon USA
“Seville Hill Winery: An Original Approach”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This operation is very welcoming and very unpretentious, but the winemaking is truly good and truly original. I liked every wine offered, but my favorite examples are the pinot noir (10% of the juice is drawn off, resulting in a deeply colored, very intensely flavored and aromatic wine), the late harvest sauvignon blanc (all the sweetness you could want, and a citrus finish), and most original of all, the cherry liqueur (actually a fortified cherry wine, with none of a liqueur's heaviness--just pure fruity pleasure). I was sorry I could get only four bottles in my suitcase to bring home to the US.

Visited January 2013
Sydney, Australia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great Winery”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Great range of wines. If your into your red's, definitly worth giving this place a visit. The port is excellent too!

Visited January 2012
Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“excellent wine at a reasonable price”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

This winery is easy to miss on the way into Seville or travelling to Warburton. We discovered it about 3 years ago, after Whispering Hill which is on the same road. The wines are good and the prices reasonable. Very good discounts available on dozens. We love their Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon. The owners are very welcoming and love to show off their wines.

Visited December 2011
Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“A must see for both wine enthusiasts and wine dabblers”
Reviewed January 3, 2012

I absolutely loved my visit to Seville Hill Winery. As only a wine dabbler (while my partner is very much a wine enthusiast), I didn't know much about wine and just knew I didn't like red wine. The owner set out to find out what exactly I didn't like about red wine and managed to find a variety that I didn't mind too much - Tempranillo. He also taught me how to drink wine properly... :) Very good variety of red and white wines. The vintage port is also a must try!

Visited December 2011