“Excellent Authentic Japanese!”

Ranked #14 of 60 Restaurants in Toorak
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I consider myself quite a professional eater, especially for Japanese food! I have tried to cultivate a sixth sense for food (!) and when I am in Japan, I try to only go to high-level Japanese restaurants.

When I visited “Orita’s”, I was amazed at chef Orita-san’s way of cooking. They serve the very best sashimi which I can’t find in other Japanese restaurants. Their tempura is perfectly gentle and crunchy but still keeps the taste of each food beautifully. If you are a potato lover, I give you a guarantee: their Japanese style potato salad is excellent. It seems they always choose the best quality of beef. The way they cook it, the meat is very tender and taste is super. I'm not much of a dessert eater, but I'm always happy to try their dainty desserts.

I am really impressed and will always go back there whenever I can.

Reviewed January 23, 2012

You have both takeaways and formal dining which is fantastic. We love your food. We'd encourage you to improve a little better, so that it's not too bitter and that there is taste. Add freebies in the takeaway too!

1  Thank Sirani M
Reviewed December 12, 2011

We go to Orita's several times a year and always find the food to be exceptionally good and the service second to none. It is a small restaurant in an unlikely location however they simply get the whole hospitality thing right. Nothing is too much trouble and you can be guaranteed a wonderful evening, food made with attention to detail and service that is just right.

1  Thank Wingz64
Reviewed December 8, 2011

I love everything about Orita's for a special night out. The decor is subtle, the staff is professional and the food is absolutely sublime. Be sure to keep room for dessert.

Reviewed October 6, 2011

Modern Japanese cuisine at its best .And service to match.

1  Thank davidmatt2