“A great night”

Dining options: Reservations
Melbourne, Australia
“A great night”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Recently my husband and I had dinner at Quaff to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We had a great time and I would be happy to go back.

We were able to choose where we wanted to sit, which was nice, but was disappointed that we didn't get "seated" and our napkins laid on our laps like many other fine dining restaurants I have been to. Despite this, I was happy as the staff were very friendly.

We were promptly served with bread and our drinks, and the food was lovely. We shared the prawn risotto to start (and they even gave us a plate each so that we could share more easily), and my husband had the fish pie, whilst I had the duck. The vegetables as sides were to die for, and I really enjoyed everything else I had.

The waiter helped me choose a bottle of wine which I was very happy with, and the cheese board to finish was really great too (the brie was sooo good). The only down side was having to ask for more of our wine, as they kept the bottle at the bar.

pros: friendly staff, quiet atmosphere, really tasty food (try the prawn and risotto entree!!), nice wine selection

cons: Service not quite up to "fine dining" standards that the food prices suggest they are aiming for - I expect to have my chair pulled out, napkin laid, etc, and not to have to ask for refills of wine, Whilst friendly, I felt the staff could have been a little more "attentive".

• Visited April 2013

Bairnsdale, Australia
“Wonderful wedding reception”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The White Room was the location of our wedding reception - 18 guests gathered around one long table. From our initial enquiry to the actual event the team at Quaff could not have been more helpful. The good was delicious! All our guests complimented it and unusually for a wedding, everyone got to choose their meal on the day, 3 choices for each course at a very reasonable price. Service was discrete but attentive. Most of the organising was done by email as we in rural Victoria, questions were always met with a prompt and detailed response. The room looked great - simple & classy, easy to add our own touches the evening beforehand. Would thoroughly recommend it. We look forward to returning for our first anniversary dinner!

• Visited January 2013
“Solid food”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We had the fish pie and the lamb for a weekday lunch. Fish pie was a bit disappointing as it was highly rated. Lamb was cooked beautifully. We had. Raspberry souffle which was delightful. Lunch special at $35 for 2 courses & wine is good value but we opted for a la carte instead.

Siem Reap, Cambodia
“Great night”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We went to Quaff for our first luxury dinner in Melbourne. They didn't disappoint. All food was of great quality, as was the wine. Service was impeccable, though a bit impersonal.
It's pricey, but if you have this kind of budget (we spend about 180$ for 2) it's a good place to spend it. Would go there again. Book in time.

• Visited September 2012
Townsville, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our dream wedding!”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

After researching intimate wedding venues, we decided on the White Room at Quaff, Toorak. Being interstate, we were unable to view the venue, so my mum and niece did so for us. They were very impressed! All organising was done via phone and email, with us only seeing the venue for the first time, 2 day before our wedding. We could not have asked for anything more perfect! Our ceremony was held in the White Room, and while photos were being taken, the staff transformed it into the most beautiful and elegant private dining room. The menu was outstanding, as was the food when it was served. Every single one of our guests commented on how beautiful their meal was. The service was second to none! Bruce is an amazing and well organised host, and the staff were absolutely professional, making everyone feel welcome. You hear so many horror stories about wedding plans, but I can honestly say that the staff at Quaff made our day perfect with not a single hiccup at any point. We can't thank Bruce and his staff enough, but we want them to know that they made one newly married couple extremely happy and have left us with amazing memories of a perfect night.

• Visited September 2012