“I had a great time in Quaff :D”
Review of Quaff

Quaff
Ranked #2 of 57 Restaurants in Toorak
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2011

When I first chose Quaff as my wedding venue, I was doubtful. My wedding was supposed to be a small and simple wedding for 40, so I was actually planning to book the "White Room". However, as guests numbers grow (like it always happen in most weddings), we decided to book the Crystal room instead. Me and my partner never visited Quaff when we booked. We both don't live in Melbourne, so we asked his sister to have a look for us.
When I first visited Quaff in June, I was quite doubtful when I saw how "long and narrow" the room was. It was not the "bright and spacious with high ceiling" place I imagined my reception place to be. It was also pretty dark. However, the even manager, Bruce, told us that the Crystal room will be better during evening time, and my reception will be in the evening. On that same day I decided to have lunch there, I had their famous fish pie and I thought I really liked it.
I wouldn't deny that during months of wedding planning I tried to look for another venue. I was afraid the room would be too narrow and too dark. I was afraid it would not be a great reception blah blah blah. The things that kept me from "changing to another venue" was: 1. The even manager (Bruce) was very helpful and kind. Unlike most even managers from other venues, he was never persuasive or impolite, 2. Quaff is very flexible with menu, table arrangements etc, 3. My wedding was on Christmas eve, and unlike most other venues, they did not see it as a chance to increase their prices. They did not even have a minimum spending!
Then the evening of my reception arrived, I have to say that I had the time of my life. The room was not at all too narrow or too dark. It was perfect. The ambiance was warm and homy. The courtyard was favourite among the smokers. The bar was big enough to fit 4 piece jazz band and me and my partner to have our first dance!
The food was awesome. Everyone was raving about the Gnocchi as the entree, Steak as main, and panacotta as dessert. My parents and relatives even go back there the next day for christmas lunch just because they couldn't get enough of the steak!
For the whole night, the staff were very attentive and professional, and food came out promptly.

So just in case any of the staff in Quaff read this, I would like to thank all of you, especially Bruce, for providing such a great reception venue for our wedding on the 24th December 2011. We had such a great time. Just like the name "Quaff", we did drink (and eat) heartily the whole evening. Overall, it was nice food, nice staff, nice drink, nice ambiance, and I couldn't have asked for a better wedding reception venue :)

1  Thank Wita86

Reviewed November 26, 2011

Had a nice experience but nothing extraordinary, no excellent service or fantastic food. At the same time, it was ok. No atmosphere or friendly service so no need to go back.

1  Thank bootscooter55
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Initially I had mixed feelings about this restaurant, but I was pleasantly surprised at how good the food was. We had lunch here, and the menu was quiet extensive, with plenty of choice. They also do a good wine list. We all had a entree, main and dessert and I really can't fault any of the food we had. Service was very good, and we felt like we could relax without being stood over while we ate. The restaurant decor is very nice, and the upstairs rooms are beautiful. I would highly recommend Quaff to anyone, and we look forward to coming back when we return to Melbourne.

Reviewed December 11, 2010

Quaff is one of the more upscale restaurants in Toorak Village. I wandered in during lunch to take advantage of their lunch set at $30 for two courses. I took the salt & pepper calamari on rocket salad and the risotto with braised lamb shoulder. Both were done very nicely and I enjoyed the dishes. The only negative would be that the serving size was a touch small (I suppose to keep within the $30 budget).

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook