“Good French Bistro”

Bistro Thierry
Ranked #1 of 60 Restaurants in Toorak
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Enjoy the ambience of a night in a buzzing French bistro in Melbourne without the jet lag. We aim to make your experience completely enjoyable.
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Lovely steak frittes here. Twice cooked duck with confit red cabbage and raisin salad good too. Creme brule huge and lots of vanilla and caramel. Really good simple french bistro food. The menu was actually quite extensive, however we find it hard to go past steak and dark. A little on the expensive side with mains $40+.

1  Thank ExoticLulu

Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is our local and we have eaten here probably a dozen times. Every time the steak is perfectly cooked. At $40 for steak and chips it sounds expensive at first, but when you consider pub meals around the corner are $30 plus or $55 next door, the value is unbeatable. I love this restaurant!!! Even the bread and butter tastes better here! Highly recmmended

Reviewed September 10, 2012

BIstro Thierry has been serving high quality French cuisine for a long time-if I ever give my kids the choice-that's where we go

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Four of us dined there on Friday 24th. It was busy when we arrived. We were attentively shown to our table and handed the Menus and Wine List, but it was 15 minutes before we managed to get a waiter's attention to take our drinks' orders. After that service was very efficient.
The Entrees of Escargots and Brains were superb. Mains were wild barramundi, eye fillet, duck and beef burgundy (mine). I was most impressed with my dish and my colleagues expressed complete satisfaction with the quality and quantity of their servings. In summary Bistro Thierry was up to our expectations and we recommend it.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

we went to bistro thierry last night to celebrate my sons 18th bday. we were a party of 6 - my 3 adult children, husband, a friend of my sons and I.
fistly ,the restaurant was completely full the entire evening which was surprising for a tuesday night which goes to their popularity and quality,,so the atmosphere was lovely,we could talk loudly and not bother others as there was lots of chatter etc in the room.
the service was impeccible-the food just perfect-5 of us had eye fillet steaks-and 1 had the barrumundi special.the steak is accompanied by delicious french fries.
dessert was the highlight-chocolate souffle
we have been before and will definitely return.

1  Thank MelbourneNicole