“The Value is in the Occupants :)”

Cotterville Homestay / Bed & Breakfast
Cotterville Homestay / Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Toorak B&B and Inns
Sydney
“The Value is in the Occupants :)”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

My husband and I had the good fortune to stay for two nights and quickly felt very at home. AND this is what we have....a home stay. We were immersed in the world of Howard and Jeremy, Elizabeth and Taylor and enjoyed every minute of it. Oh sure there was a bit of dust here and there (they are blokes after all) and God bless him, Howard smokes, but really, if these things offend one's sensibilities then one is really, really missing out on what I found to be a treasured experience I hope not to forget. I would stay here again without hesitation. (I have been called a 'cleaning nazi ' at home, so yes I can be very details oriented, but I would not let that deter me in future). The home offers so much, including easy access to transport to the city via tram and train. It is 2 minutes walk from Hawksburn station which in turn is at worst 10 minutes from Flinders Street. We fell upon Toorak and Prahan Markets which were a highlight for me. I felt so very, very safe.

Elizabeth and Taylor wouldn't fit in my pockets to take home with me and are gorgeous...and so are Jeremy and Howard. :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank pinky333

Families
Business
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Nice bed & breakfast! The rooms and the bathroom are good as is the breakfast. The hospitality includes having drinks at 5 pm with the hosts and their two children (i.e. dogs Elizabeth and Taylor). The breakfast is what you want to have! It helps to enjoy it more if you like dogs and smoking!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Levensgenietster54
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We had a fabulous weekend in Melbourne and Howard and Jeremy were wonderful hosts. Howard was a ball of laughs, and it was great how he shared stories and photos of their trips with us during happy hour. The famous Chapel St, precinct was within walking distance to many shops and restaurants. The city was less than 6km away, and after a day or evening outing, we felt were coming back to our own home at night. The kids (Elizabeth and Taylor) were a delight as well. The house was filled with delightful paintings and memorabilia and the bedrooms were comfortable and we all slept well. The only negative was that Howard smoked! To The William's Rd. boys, thank you for sharing Cotterville Homestay with us. Regards John & Pam (Sydney) and Jim & Christa (Greece).......

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank John Z
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Cotterville Homestay is situated close to the city and is easily accessible to public transport.
The house is a stately home with nice gardens at the front and rear
However, be mindful the rooms do not have locks and in my case this was a significant security concern travelling as a single woman.
The bedroom contained a television - BUT whilst I could operate this equipment, the TV would not remain on and would go dead every 20 minutes ….. in the end it was just easier to read a book!
The towels were basic and clean and facilities in the bathroom ok but ….there was a large stain on my bedspread which was somewhat off putting …..
I could not comment on the quality of wifi as I provided my own
You should also be aware that the smell of cigarette smoke is prevalent and smoking occurs indoors. This proved to be a problem as I am asthmatic and extremely sensitive to cigarette smoke.
This B&B has the potential to be a great place to stay as there are some lovely art works on display from the owners travels ……
It would also be nice to have a coffee /tea machine with cups etc easily accessible to guests to utilise - nothing available in the bedroom and I doubt there is space to set this up as the bedroom quite small.
However as this is a B&B that does not accommodate children I suggest having these cold water/ tea/coffee / biscuits available in the front and back lounge room areas.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Cate C
Perth, Australia
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed 4 nights at the "Cotterville" homestay and had a very nice stay. Great location for transport and good resteraunts close by. Howard and Jeremy and the kids looked after us like long lost friends and the happy hours were so much fun. Very cumfy bed and bathroom facilities were great.Lovely home much better than a cold hotel stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LandsdaleOldies
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Staying at Cotterville was a holiday in its own right. We had 4 nights with Howard and Jeremy and enjoyed their most generous hospitality, wonderful humour and stories. We had the joy of a couple of extra puppy visitors too. Tram and train are very close to Cotterville. We only caught the tram and that was 15 minutes ($4)into Flinders Street. Incredibly quiet for being on a main road, and oasis in Melbourne.

Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank aneehse
Isle of Arran
Reviewed November 19, 2010

Stayed here for 4 nights. Howard and Jeremy are fantastic hosts. We were made to feel very welcome, nothing is too much trouble, and they clearly really enjoy having guests to stay. Beautiful house filled with original art and memorabilia. Elizabeth and Taylor (2 small dogs) are very well behaved and add to the fun. Howard smokes in the house, but the web site makes this very clear. Happy hour with wine and nibbles is a great opportunity to pick up information about Melbourne / things to see and do, and hear a bit about the guys interesting lives and travels.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank alltanarran
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toorak
Toorak Manor
Chapel Street
Hotel Claremont
Hotel Claremont
#109 of 160 in Melbourne

Been to Cotterville Homestay / Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!