“Casa Nora was the perfect windsurfing holiday :-)”
Review of Casa Nora

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in El Yaque
Casa Nora
Ranked #4 of 11 El Yaque B&B and Inns
odense
“Casa Nora was the perfect windsurfing holiday :-)”
Reviewed February 3, 2010

After a long travel from Denmark to Isla Margarita, it was wonderfuk to be picked up in the airport by a smiling Al with a board with our name on. We instantly felt at home and most welcome :-) They also helped us with all of our questions and gave us a tour of the city the fist morning. The next two weeks were a paradise on earth and Al and Nora were the most nice and funny host couple. We enjoyed the large breakfast with lovely fruit, cakes, egss, fresh juices and much more every morning. We had a lovely room and the whole house with swimming pool, casada relaxing area etc. was so nice. Almost every day we enjoyed either mountain biking or yoga - wonderful start of the day.
Regarding the windsurfing the wind and sun was perfect everyday. LOTS of wind ;-)
El yaque has great small local charm and good restaurants.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank anneanders

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Polish first
Montréal
Reviewed January 17, 2010

We went to ElYaque for windsurfing at the beggining of the year and spent a week in the suite at Casa Nora. The room was great and so was the Casa Nora in general.
Casa Nora is more than just a place to stay, it actually gave a color to our trip.

Nora and Al are very good hosts. They came to pick us up at the airport and showed us around El Yaque on our first day. We'd see them and the other guest every morning at breakfast (then everybody was gone windsurfing or kiting for the day !). Al and Nora are both windsurfers. They are nice, fun and very open minded. It was always fun to chat with them.

While we were there, we had great opportunities to move in the morning. There were power yoga class with Nora as well as bike rides with Al. J-F always had the craziest story to tell at breakfast about his biking rides with Al and friends in the morning.

The suite had a private entrance from the outside. It gave on the garden. We also had access to the main house where we enjoyed the great breakfasts every morning on the second floor patio. It was perfect !

The garden is designed very wisely ; hamaks, pool, long chair etc. We spend most of our time windsurfing during the day, but it was great to chill in the hamak after a long day on the water !

I would recommend Casa Nora to all windsurfers and kite surfers who are planning to go to ElYaque.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JF_and_Claude
paris
Reviewed January 2, 2010

Nora & Al are definitely fantastic people who know how to make your stay unforgetable. Typical latino, well located (5 minutes by foot from the beach) and so nice designed guest house, the room we had was great , very confortable, modern designed with a private bathroom and an independant access.
I enjoyed the early morning Yoga course with Nora, just before amazing breakfast served on the terrasse, with delicious meals cooked by delicious smiling Luz .
We also enjoyed the long and pleasant pool (20 meters), having dinner sometimes in the patio, and the dinner once that we prepared and shared all together.
But overall, what we appreciated the most is those so charming hosts, always nice and available, giving us so precious advises to make our trip the best !
Thanks to Nora & Al we have now only one thing in mind: go back to this little paradise on earth !

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Apollinetta
Latvia
Reviewed November 20, 2009

The best choice for our stay on Margarita island was Casa Nora - we felt like at home if we are talking about nice and warm welcome.
Its quiet place with lovely pool, with nice view over surroundings, with clean room and very rich and various breakfest.
But - the best are the hosts Nora and Alvis - people who like parties, they are happy with everybody who stayes at Casa Nora.
About all what they offer you can find an information on webpage. I tried Nora's yoga classes in the mornings - that was really great experience for me !
Pick-up from an airport and also delivery to the airport, nice evenings together, last dinner before our coming home, always smiling, always careful about us - only the best memories !

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Antra61
BC
Reviewed June 24, 2009

Two Western Canadians (windsurfers) just back from beautiful Casa Nora, tucked just a stone’s throw away from the windsurfing centre in El Yaque (Margarita). Power yoga in the morning with hostess Nora in the open morning Margarita air beside the pool was for me; my boyfriend is a downhill mountain biking fan, and tried his luck at the elusive ascent up a local hill with guide/co-host Al. Lots of competition to be the first to plant the flag at the top of a clean ascent that I hear is still eluding guests (will a Canadian be the first??) And then there’s the windsurfing/kiting – every day starting at about 10 or 11 if you want it in Margarita. Nothing like surfing 4.7 in your bathing suit for us Northerners! But the reason for this posting is that Casa Nora made the stay special. When I booked, I wondered about booking right on the beach, but I wouldn’t have had it any other way. We wined/drank/dined on the beach the nights that we wanted to, and then did a 5 minute wander back to the house under the stars, away from the noise. Nora’s breakfasts on the veranda with a view from the hill of the water are sensational; we stayed in the little Casita which was divine. Don’t miss Nora’s coffee, and if you’re lucky the hosts will give you a sample of cactus fruit that grows on the property while you laze in the hammocks by the pool. We had a fantastic week and thanked our lucky stars we managed to find this place, and look forward to a return trip. It’s a cozy place, with rooms for about 10 or fewer guests I think – loved it. Personal service, pretty rooms nicely decorated, and elevated so that you have an amazing view of the water and surrounding area over breakfast. Nora is a great tour guide as well and will help you see what you want to explore.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed April 17, 2009

I traveled to El Yaque in late March 2009 for a 10-day windsurfing vacation. I was looking for something different than the beachfront hotel I had stayed in10 years ago, and the description of Casa Nora appealed to me. As a solo traveler, I knew I’d be in good company at the windsurfing center where I was renting gear. But I was hoping for lodging that would feel welcoming and cozy, and even a bit social. Casa Nora was the perfect experience for me.
Nora made it easy from the moment I arrived. She was waiting for me at the airport, drove me to the house, and then provided a short tour of the town and local amenities. My Casa Nora room was simple, small, and comfortable. I had one of two guestrooms in the main house, with a shared bath. The room had it’s own air conditioning, but on nights with a breeze it was great to just open the windows and run the ceiling fan. Other welcome comforts: a small fridge available for guest use, a clothesline out back for wet beach things, and the possibility of having laundry done by the housekeeper/ breakfast cook.

Most visitors to El Yaque are not looking for a standardized “Hilton experience” – We are windsurfers and kiters who love adventure, appreciate being away from the familiar, and enjoy being “off the beaten path.” The road leading up to Casa Nora is unpaved and muddy after a rain, and some mornings you will find small frogs in the bathroom. But this is part of the charm of life in a very small South American village.

At Casa Nora, you are not an anonymous hotel guest; you are a welcome visitor in Al and Nora’s very cool house. The grounds are a tranquil retreat from the activity along the beach, and far enough up the hill to be blissfully quiet. If you want a peaceful nap in one of the hammocks or a solitary workout in the lap pool, no one will disturb you. If getting up early for yoga or mountain biking sounds good, it’s offered every day. If lively conversation with fellow guests from various parts of the world is what you most enjoy, you’ll find yourself lingering over long (and super delicious) breakfasts on the patio. Better yet, offer to cook dinner one night. Nora will likely buy the groceries, and encourage other guests to contribute to the menu. When everyone pitches in, you’ve created a fun evening -- and a delicious meal!

Nora and Al are the consummate insider-outsiders. They are not Venezuelan, but they have the inside scoop on everything going on in El Yaque. Restaurant tips, the best exchange rate, local gourmet ice cream, or directions to a remote beach on the other side of the island – they’ll point you in the right direction. While all the details of your stay are handled with professionalism, Nora and Al clearly enjoy the company of friendly and interesting people in their home. It’s a passion for windsurfing that brought Nora and Al to Margarita too, and they are just as excited as their guests when it’s a really great day to be on the water! Maybe that’s why a stay at Casa Nora feels less like “lodging” and more like “visiting.” I felt right at home, and look forward to going back!

• Stayed March 2008, traveled solo
Edmonton AB
Reviewed April 5, 2009

This was my third trip to Margarita Island. I go here to learn windsurfing in El Yaque. I usually stay at B&B's or posadas on my travels. For my first stay at Casa Nora, I can say it was the best place I haved stayed and I will hope to return next year again. This year I had some extra time to be away from work and so I stayed almost 2 months......here are some reasons why I loved my stay:

Your hosts, Al and Nora, are friendly, helpful and active. Nora holds yoga classes in the mornings and Al does mountain bike tours. They also have a 20m lane swimming pool. This won me over when I booked online because I swim all the time back home in Canada - but it's so great to be able to train outdoors. (Of course the ocean is another good place, but you have to go early before all the surfers & kiters get out.) Nora and Al are both avid windsurfers and will also help you out if you need advice about windsurfing and kiting centres.

Breakfast is always yummy with lots of variety. The rooms, common areas and landscape are clean and well-kept. There are 2 rooms in the house with queen beds, and an ensuite with a separate entrance at the side of the house. There is also the casita (my favorite!) which is a separate detached cabin-like room beside the house - has a double loft and a double bed as well as a kitchen-area and bathroom. The rooms are cleaned often and you can also have your laundry done. It is located in a safe, secure area, and the casa itself is well-secured.

My favorite thing about the casa and the grounds, were all the "little chill-out nests" all around the house and in your rooms - nooks, hammocks etc., where you can curl up and read or cat-nap. My favorite thing about my entire stay at Casa Nora was the opportunity to meet other people and hang out and chat at the end of a fun day in the wind or recovering from a night of dancing until dawn. Often, those travellers staying at the time would all pitch in and we'd have a group dinner. These were always fun. When I left, I had made so many new friends and re-united with some from previous years - I was a little (well a lot actually!) sad to leave, I started to feel like part of the family :) So it was a happy kind of sad!

Anyway, whether you are a family, couple or solo traveller - and no matter what your age; you will be made to feel very much at home here and enjoy a wonderful vacation of whatever it is you like to do - happy travels!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo