“Very bad hotel/corrupt owner!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Casa Viento

Hotel Casa Viento
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in El Yaque
Hotel Casa Viento
el yaque
“Very bad hotel/corrupt owner!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2010

I booked into Casa Viento after seeing there web site on the internet. The website was great and the place looked amazing.
The owner of the hotel lived in the states and she was very helpfull with information, lots of emails, and I stupidly decided to pay and book for a week, I also paid for breakfast for the first two days for my girlfriend and myself. I paid via an internet pay site not unlike paypal. Very easy.
Great I thought.
CASA VIENTO was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in!!
We arrived very tired, no one there, no staff, no people, no reception. Just a note at the front saying call Mike for room, great with no signal on phones after nearly 30 hours of travelling!
The place was like a derelict building which had been left to rot.
The manager rocked up, nice guy. He didn't know we were arriving, had difficulty finding a clean room, even though no guests!!
He explained to us he had no money from the owner, so no staff, no way he could do breakfast!!!
Found it hard to sleep there, especially with a cockroach crawling over my head, then an hour later my feet. I can handle cock roaches but not when the manager doesn't believe you the next day!!
.CASA VIENTO has a very bad reputation, the owner is renowned for ripping people off by all accounts
We stayed for two days even though we had booked for 7, No more, we moved to Hotel Atti, German run hotel behind CASA VIENTO, I couldn't fault HOTEL ATTI, was great.
We have sent over a dozen emails and made a phone call to America to try to get our money back, the owner eventually replied after weeks and apologised and promised to reimburse us the money via paypal. This is now 3 or 4 weeks ago and still nothing. She now won't reply to any emails and is not answering calls.
This has left a very bitter taste in our mouths.
Please don't stay in Casa Viento, and never pay up front for a hotel apart from a deposit.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

#5 of 12 in El Yaque
El Yaque Paradise Hotel
El Yaque Paradise Hotel
#12 of 12 in El Yaque

Been to Hotel Casa Viento? Share your experiences!