“Redefining awesomeness”

Wild Kite Peru
Ranked #4 of 16 things to do in Mancora
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hello, We are a small kite/surf & SUP club on the north coasts of Peru and we propose lessons, rental, and generally a unique experience discovering the North Shore. We can also plan your whole trip here.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Stroller parking
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Redefining awesomeness”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Top class. I visited in August 2013. Everything was top.

1) The people:
Axel and his entire team (Michelle, Stella, Charles, Christian,...) WildK taught me how to do my 3rd favorite thing since walking and skiing. I came in with basic knowledge and my goal was to continually stand up and go upwind back to the starting point. With Axel's team I was able to do so within 4 days (12 hours). The instructors were, flawless - pushed where they had to.

2) Equipment
No corners were cut here. WildK had me use 9 and 11m Cabrinhas Vector. The

3) Locations
Cabo Blanco, Mancora, Organos, were all nothing short of amazing. While the credit for location does not go to the team, timing when to go where was optimal, and I was consistnetly in the 15-25kn range.

4) Service
- Before I got to Mancora Axel was responsive with emails
- Price and package was very transparent from the beginning with different options
- The team was excellent

5) Added bonus - I saw humpback whales while kiting

If you don't kite and you are in peru - this is the place to learn. If you do kite, this will be the best kiting place on the planet.

Visited August 2013
Axel N, Propriétaire at Wild Kite Peru, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thanks so much for your opinion, it could not be nicer! I do not forget you about the photos. A big hug from all the WildK team!

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great kitesurfing school!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Me and two friends recently traveled to Mancora for a week to go hit the beaches and try kite surfing. I contacted Axel before the trip and he provided excellent advice on lodging, travel planning, and outlined what our training program would be like. Not to mention, his rates were lower than any of the other kite schools I found in the area.

When we arrived to Mancora, Claire and Christian took us out to a great beach for beginners and had the patience of saints. We received great instruction and attention throughout the three days of lessons. I highly recommend Wild K to anyone looking for kite surfing lessons and plan on working with them when I make it back to Mancora again one day!
Dima

Visited October 2013
Thank you very much for your opinion ! Hope we will see you again here in Mancora! Cheers.
Paris, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Best kiting place in the world”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Axel has planned already 5 trips for me on the peruvian northshore and I will definitely go back again.
I have been travelling a lot around the world looking for kite spots, but this is one of the best places, and really the best, if you like kiting in waves. I love surfing too, which is great because usually early in the morning there is no wind so you can either enjoy a fabulous sunrise session or have a good sleep after a nice evening, because nightlife in mancora is also something not to be missed ;-)
I can always rely on Axel to book me the best hotel depending of the people I a traveling with, a reliable taxi to go from the airport to mancora and take me to the kitesurfing spots in the afternoon.
During windseason the wind blows absolutely every day so no need to check windguru! And the last thing which is very important to me, the food is excellent in Peru and Axel knows the best places to go and takes you to nice and authentic cevicherias when you go on trip with him.
Can't wait to go back!

Visited September 2013
Thank you very much for your opinion. see you soon for your 6th trip here ...and the following ones :)
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun”
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Professional & friendly with a personal touch to make it an experience not to miss! Thanks guys & girl (I'm bad with names) for going the extra mile while teaching me

1 Thank Jaco R
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Kitesurf wave paradise!!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Just came back from a 10 day trip in Mancora to kitesurf its legendary waves. Axel and WildK was the big highlight of the trip (aside from the fantastic wind and waves conditions!). Being a group of guys, we considered renting a car and go to the spots by ourselves, remaining independent. Luckily, we chose otherwise and went with Axel. This is very well run operation, professional and very friendly.They have an excellent knowledge of the global area (having been there for more than 5 years) and take you everyday to the best wave spots (depending on your level and style of riding). A huge plus is the advice that Axel provides, enhanced by video supports, which really helped imporove my level of riding. Axel is also very familiar with the local lodging and restaurants options which helped us find the best place for our budget and needs.
Overall and excellent experience, and I would very strongly recommend going with WildK if you want to make the most out of a kitesurf trip. I am planning to go back next year and even though i am now familiar with all the spots, I would still go back with them, knowing that it will make the trip this much better and is so worth it.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank StephDuche
Thanks Stephane for sending your nice opinion. Tell me if you finally found the board of your choice, I may give you a hand with firewire boards. Hope to see you next year, we have to work on those roller ;)