“Bliss!”
Review of Mancora Yoga

Mancora Yoga
Ranked #7 of 16 things to do in Mancora
More attraction details
Owner description: Mancora Yoga has been offering Yoga, Pilates and Movement + Meditation classes in Mancora, Peru since 2010 and Internationally since 2006. Christa Angelo, (E-RYT) brings 16 years of practice and 10 years of professional teaching experience to the classes she offers, weaving together Hatha, Vinyasa and Yin styles of Yoga. ***PLEASE BE AWARE THAT ONLY CLASSES TAUGHT BY CHRISTA ANGELO ARE ASSOCIATED WITH MANCORA YOGA AND THE REVIEWS LISTED HERE. 2016 SCHEDULE Beginning on Monday, August 22-Saturday October 1 Monday-Saturday YOGA 8:30-9:30am at Hotel Del Wawa (on the 2nd floor deck/terrace) Mats provided but you can bring your own, towel, and water recommended All Levels Welcome! 20 soles per class (discounts for packages/weekly/monthly rate) Christa is also available for private or small group sessions of Yoga and/or Pilates as well as Holistic Health Coaching sessions. She is also co-leading a Yin + Yang Beach Yoga Retreat at Ki Chic Hotel October 3-9. Message for details.
Reviewed March 13, 2013

An absolute highlight of my South American trip. A week of yoga and Pilates in sunny Mancora was just what I needed and I was delighted as these classes exceeded expectations! It is superb value for money and the surroundings are incredible, it's not often you get sunset yoga overlooking the crashing waves. Christa's teaching is some of the best I've experienced and it left me addicted to both yoga and pilates. Thanks Christa!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with the experience I had at Mancora Yoga. I live in Los Angeles so I've attended Yoga classes with some top notch instructors, but I would have to say that Christa's Yoga instruction was some of the best I have received. And it was in Mancora! Oh yeah, she can also tear it up in the waves on her long board. I definitely recommend Mancora Yoga.

Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

You really need to visit this place!! You will not regret it! I will recommend it to everyone I meet who is going to Mancora, and if you try it out you will understand what I'm talking about.

I just left Mancora after a being there a couple of weeks and this lovely yoga place is the main thing I'm gonna miss about Mancora.

The yoga instructor Christa is just the warmest, nicest, most welcoming person ever. You will immidiatly like her and she will make you feel comfortable doing yoga even if you've never tried it before.

On top of having a great personality she is super professional! She will tell you exactly how you need to stretch not to hurt yourself and she is a great teacher for both beginners and for people who have been doing yoga before.

She also gives great advice on what to do in Mancora and things to think about as a tourist in general.

The view from the yoga studio is amazing and doing yoga there was exactly what we needed to relax after having travelled for three months.

Try it out and you will love it for sure!

/One of the swedish girls

Reviewed January 5, 2013

If you're in Mancora, I would recommend you to visit Christa and her beautiful Yoga school!

I had damanged my knee on the Salkantay Trek so I couldn't do my usual running on the beach. Yoga and pilates always seemed a little "out of reach" for me, I ran and stuck to the cardiovascular exercise. However, I popped over to speak to Christa and took my first class. WOW, it was such an insight and so much fun. It was challenging but I loved it!

I was lucky enough to be in Mancora for a few weeks, and because of the reasonable prices, I went almost every day. Pilates is my favourite and it does so much more for your body and mind than people think! Christa always has an experience eye on what you are doing, ensuring that you don't damage yourself. She knows so much, offering advice and new exercises/streches for any ailment you may have.

I attend a class or two a week back here in the UK now. I would be lost without pilates. Every lesson I now take I'm taken back to standing on Christa's balcony at sunset, warm breeze in my face and such a sense of peace.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

When I arrived to Mancora on my trip trough southamerica I had just broken my hand and was forced to calm down a little bit. I always wanted to try out yoga and asked christa to join the classes doing the exercises in a modified way- it worked out perfectly, Christa is a wonderful teacher and an amazing person. And her yoga-spot is situated in a place with a fantastic overview of the sea. In the end I almost stayed 2 months in mancora, became addicted to yoga and wish everybody the same experience that I had. Don't miss this chance out and take a few days of rest in mancora if you're passing by....