Palosanto Backpackers
  • Pool
Excellent 5/5
  • Beachfront
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsgreat poolfresh juiceenjoyed my stayin towngreat atmospherethe main streetdormhostelchillpartylokiwifijambeachmusic
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Loved the friendly, relaxed vibe of the place most of all. The rooms are tastefully decorated and spacious, and there's little ads of chill out areas (incl hammocks) and colourful art on the walls. There's a pool area and bar right next door with reasonable prices and happy hours. Staff are all friendly and helpful, one of the guys even came down to the bus station with us to help us book our onward ticket. Breakfast is free, and consists of bread, scrambled eggs, coffee and juice; easily enough to fill you up for the day. We ended up extending our stay because we loved it so much.

The only issue we had was with the wifi. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. Also signal wasn't great in the room. Also, although not an issue for me as I had earplugs - the music at the bar doesn't get switched off until around 4am so pack earplugs if you want to sleep before then!

Room Tip: Rooms farthest away from the bar are obviously quieter!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

I loved my stay in kokopelli! The rooms are clean and comfortable, the pool is very nice and the pool side bar is great. It has a chilled atmosphere, and is a great place to relax. It is only a minute or two from the beach as well. I would definitely recommend kokopelli if you are visiting mancora.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Kokopelli was awesome , from lima to mancora to paracas, they treated me well and took care of me. For example, my phone was stolen and Ignacio and David made sure to get it back within 3 days. Seriously. They have made a great environment for everyone , laid back, great food, great employees, great local friends. It's a great place to stay and feel safe and also meet great people. As for extras, kokopelli does super well at giving you options from the front desk, you can plan pretty much any trip you'd like through them , and know that your being taken care of and not taken advantage of . All around beautiful place inside and out can't wait to come back for an extended stay

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed May 9, 2014

It's probably one of the better hostels you can stay in in Mancora. The hostel has a nice swimming pool, just next to the bar. A nice breakfast is also included.

It's located in town, but a couple of minutes away from the center walking, so it's not too noisy when you want to get some sleep (although I didn't spend any nights there when the hostel arranged parties so that maybe would made me feel different).

In particular I liked the reception staff who were very helpful and always had a smile on their faces.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Lovely hostel, I actually stayed in a few in Mancora (Point and Loki) and this was by far the best, the pool is lovely and huuuge lockers for your backpack. The staff were really really helpful, and good breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014