“Great Stay and will return”
Review of Los Corales

Los Corales
Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Mancora
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Four of us had a wonderful time. The food was excellent and so was the staff. Two of us went horseback riding on the beach. They ride on the beach with the horses and you can wave them down for a rental. Might add these were beautiful horses.
The room was well decorated and spotless. I noticed one of the previous reviews mentioned Ants.. We saw none and if we had the beauty and peaceful atmosphere would have certainly made up for it. I find ants almost everywhere I have lived at one time or another. If one lives on the beach you realize how difficult and impossible to keep it perfect all the time. I give them a 10 for not only effort but creating a perfect 3 night stay.. Wish we could have stayed longer.
We took a motorcycle taxi to town and had a wonderful lunch and fun time shopping in the several stalls they had. The food was outstanding at Los Corales and yes the beach had some rocks.. If we were going to go swimming we would have headed into town to shop, swim and have lunch. Thank you for a wonderful experience

Room Tip: Only had room on the 2nd floor and it was lovely.. Sure the other rooms were as nice
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lindah00ks

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Los Corales is a pretty hotel, located in "Las Pocitas" beach or also known as " Mancora chico". The hotel is nice to lay down and relax IF IT IS CLEAN....i found some couches DIRTY and I had to clean them myself...BAD MAINTENANCE.

The bedroom was nicely decorated and had a BEAUTIFUL view as others have written in their reviews, however we found ants in the night tables and in particularly in the toilette. It was so annoying, I couldnt seat to pee...it was very uncomfortable. I had to use MY OWN INSECT REPELLENT TO KILL ALL THE ANTS..and they would come back after some hours...so having to spend my OWN repellent was not nice.

On Saturday morning, they cut the coconut trees and made a mess in the pool. The guy cleaning the pool did not clean properly...you could see a lot of dust...who wants to swim in a DIRTY pool? Therefore, we were unable to use the pool, my mom was VERY dissapointed, also the hotel is in front of a ROCKY beach so you cant swim in the ocean either (as somebody already mentioned).
Honestly if it is so hot in Mancora, you need to get some water in your body but the staff is lazy and not helpful...we did not get to swim anywhere...it was bad.

Also when we asked for activities they told us STARTING DEC 26 and the hotel DID NOT OFFER ANY INFORMATION ABOUT WHAT TO DO IN MANCORA. The lady said you have to go to mancora town!!!! To go to Mancora town is 5 soles in moto taxi, so to go and come back it is 10 soles and the road is COMPLETELY UNPAVED full of dust and also uphill so the moto taxi could literally flip over any moment and plus the ride was VERY uncomfortable and it took like 20 minutes just to get to the town. Vichayito beach is even farther away from Mancora.
Why is it important to have easy access to the town? To buy souvenirs, jewelry, to get meals. The meals at the hotel are expensive and BAD. You also need to go to Mancora town to catch a van to Piura.
There was no music at night so the hotel was boring...we DID HAD CABLE TV so we were able to put music in our bedroom!!!!

Summary in one sentence: This hotel has a good price, pretty too specially for pictures but they need to hire BETTER STAFF.

Suggestions:

First, maintenace MUST be early in the morning so visitors can enjoy the pool, the couches, everything clean when they wake up. They need to clean PROPERLY TOO.

Second, they must also make sure there are no insects in the bedroom so guests can have a nice stay.

Third, the staff need to be more helpful and if possible make arrangements for guests in the activities...this will make the stay of guests more enjoyable...rather than the guests have to travel thru an unpaved road for a long time and try to seek information from strangers or unknown companies. All those hotels could join efforts and pave that road!!

Fourth, staff need to be more polite and enthusiastic...show a smile who knows...this can make a difference. Put music during the day and at night. My mom told me a lady requested that bc the ppl at the hotel had no initiative...the owner or whatever has to put more effort in how to make the stay of guests more pleasant...little things that dont cost money but are just appropriate.

THE BOTTOM LINE: I would not recommend this hotel, there are other hotels with better staff and also closer to Mancora town, we saw like 20 hotels before we got to this one. We thought we should have picked maybe Sausalito beach...it was closer.

It would be cool if somebody could make a map of the location of the hotels...honestly that can be very helpful. During my stay, I was always busy and I had limited time so I did not get to do it...I would strongly recommend somebody to do it...this will help travellers.

Finally I recommed, read all the reviews of travellers and choose according to what you are looking for. If you can lay down in the beach day and night and dont mind ants in the toilette and in your stuff + dirty couches and pool...then I guess you will be okay in Los Corales.

If you see hotels of 5 stars in trip advisor give it a shot for sure, even if it is expensive it might be worth it!!! You can always stay one night in one place to be safe.
Also you might find blogs of hotels or of trips...that can also help.

Good luck!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Angelica_89_13
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Los Corales successfully creates an isolated perfect vacation atmosphere while remaining close to all the action! The staff was attentive and kind, the food was always fresh and always presented like art pieces. (definitely have to try the Pescado Los Corales) There is a plethora of hammocks, recliners, and chairs built for perfect midday naps... I spent many days walking along the beach and did not see a better or more relaxing set up at any another hotel.

The pool was always super clean and it would be hard to get a bad nights sleep with the location of the rooms so close to the ocean. The rocks out front make for awesome glassy swimming holes on low tide. I could not of been happier with the set up. They have obviously put a lot of thought into creating an all inclusive vacation environment. I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Cons:
So while this isn't the hotel's fault, it should be noted that this hotel is in front a very rocky beach that you cannot really swim in (unless you want bruises and cuts on your legs). However, beyond that our group of six had several minor problems during our 1-day stay. For starters we were given one price on the phone and told that they accept credit cards, then when we arrived we were given a higher price for using a credit card (which would be fine if it had been mentioned on the phone). Instead of accepting her mistake, the receptionist/attendant tried to argue with us and cover for herself. Then, the credit card machine didn't work. At one point the water filtration (needed for breakfast) didn't work and two of the three safes in the three rooms we had didn't work. The breakfast was very simple, but this is common in the area's hotels. Also, there we no towels for the beach (this too is common).

Pros:
The hotel itself is pretty. If you want to lay on the beach and take in some sun, read, rest - it's a perfect place for that. The hotel's beachfront has beach chairs with straw-covered umbrellas and the area is very quiet and relaxing.

The rooms have a great view of the beach. One of our rooms had a hammock and a patio that was part of the room. The rooms were clean (as clean as can be considering it is right on the beach and there were many tropical plants around). The hotel also recommended a taxi service from Piura hotel that picked us up in a van and drove us the two hours from Piura to the hotel for a reasonable price (for a group of six). I believe there was wi-fi in the restaurant area. The maintenance staff was friendly.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank EliViaja
Reviewed February 3, 2012

The hotel was nice and the crew was great and helpful. I had a wonderful room with a beautiful terrace and a spacious bathroom. No luxuries, but very good linen and towels. Breakfast was OK, not great (coffee was not the best and it was rather cold), but outside from that, no complaints. I would go back, no doubt.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank LimaPatricia
Reviewed November 8, 2011

End of our journey over North Peru was in Mancora, and we stayed few days in this easy, nice ocean oasis. We came at evening, and first impression was "noise" of ocean waves, but that was like symphony and all place, full of greenery and lights, was feeling like at home.
Our room nr 9 was on first floor, looking on beach and ocean, was big, comfortable, with nice balcony. Time in this place was great, from morning and taking breakfast on open terrace to walking over beach and having unforgettable time. We also like many sea style details, colors, light music, easy going mood, and friendly staff. Food was fantastic, we enjoyed in delicious swordfish and very good prepared Pisco sour.
Small critic is only for condition of bathroom, was clean but also in need to change some elements.
Our time in Mancora was so special, from time on beach, driving to the town, time in town, but before everything thanks to Los Corales - for sure we will be here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2011

We stayed in Mancora for 5 sunny days of relaxation following the Ina Trail. Mancora itself isn't anything to shout about-touristy small beach resort (though as with all places on our travels, it was pretty dead. This place is about a 45 min walk down the beach and all the better for it. We had a room which looked straight onto the sea with a terrace and private sun loungers-it was just perfect. Rooms are quite basic but very clean. Elvis (I seriously don't think that can be his name) who serves in the restaurant and bar isa little frosty but the food and cocktails were wonderful, as was falling asleep listening to the waves...as a tip, lunch in the town is ridiculously cheap-8 soles for a large 2 course meal with soft drink. I would take advantage of this as the food in the town restaurants there is expensive and not all that great.

• Stayed: July 2011