“Best place in Macora to go with kids”
Review of Donde Teresa

Donde Teresa
Ranked #21 of 92 Restaurants in Mancora
Cuisines: Peruvian, Contemporary, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2012

This restaurant had good food comparing to the rest of Mancora, it is located in Pocitas beach in the cozy Hotelier Hotel. I went to celebrate my cousin birthday with group of 16 people, including 6 kids. Great service, good food, they made sure all kid food was served first then the adults ate while kids where playing by the beach which had no waves for the kids to played safetly. Also, the owner of the restaurant let us use the pool of the hotel so the kids had a blast and adults could relax and enjoy the food.

1  Thank mamavero

Reviewed February 21, 2012

Heard great things about this place and my boyfriend and i thought the food was very average. Certainly wouldn't bother going back and the ceviche in particular was very sharp and not at all special! Thankfully it wasn't too expensive and service was ok!

MancoraGua, Gerente at Donde Teresa, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2012

It is unfortunate you found the ceviche 'sharp'. I suppose that accounts for the acidity of the lemons--which varies sometimes. Hope you had a chance to taste other dishes, and if not we hope you come back.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

Ok this was my first trip to mancora and i wanted to get good seafood well i was fooled when i got my dish chicharoon the taste was ok but hey where is the food i had 6 people and at 25 to 60 soles a plate was very angry today is sunday jan 8 2012 my name david skinner american that will never eat there again

1  Thank hungrymand
MancoraGua, Manager at Donde Teresa, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2012

I barely can make out your comment. I guess your complaint is that the dish was too small and/or pricey. Our menu has prices from 6-34 soles. The specials on the board can range upwards, depending on the size of the whole fish or lobster or the cost of special ingredients. Our average main dish costs S/.28 or about USD$10. Portions are 160-250 grams of the main ingredient, which is within worldwide parameters.
Your average check for an appetizer, main dish and drink is around S/.50 soles (USD$18). So either there was a lot of drinking or bad math.
Sorry you did not enjoy the food, view or pool.
I did enjoy your comments about Bembo's. Will you eat there again?

Reviewed June 29, 2011

Amazing food!! From gourmet, creative dishes to healthier versions of typical Peruvian food (while not stinting on taste) I loved everything that was put in front of me. The chicken salad is exceptional, the ceviche is AMAZING, and I highly recommend the mousse de chocolate and the suspiro a la limena for dessert choices. "Donde Teresa" is a must if you visit Mancora--as a seafood lover, it left me completely satisfied and excited to try more of the menu next time I visit Mancora!

1  Thank Soniajr
Reviewed June 24, 2011

My girlfriend and I were very excited about our upcoming gastronomical experience at Donde Teresa in the hotel Hotelier. We were not disappointed!

They have some awesome dishes. Here are some of our favorites: Atun Saltado, Cebiche Mixto, Causa de Pulpo con olivio, Linguini with scallops in a Salsa de Amarillo (spicey yellow sauce), and delicious homemade ice cream. The Linguini plate was Exquisito! The Atun Saltado was Delicioso! The Cebiche Mixto was “Fresh”. The ice cream was “to melt in your mouth”!

The flavor, taste, spices……Fantastic!

In all honesty, there were some plates we thought were lacking in taste. For example the Lomo Saltado, I tasted better in other restaurants.

The restaurant is right next to the beach and you can enjoy your favorite cocktail and/or food right on the beach! The restaurant is open to the fresh beach air and they have an awesome selection of music….music of the world!

Side notes: They provided free samples of food during our stay. The only down side, the cat who roams the restaurant has total control of where he/she goes. The staff is friendly and nice, but a bit slow.

The restaurant is just my type: casual, open air, great music, delicious cuisine, and next to the beach! It's not fancy and the prices are reasonable!

From 1 generation to the next……Teresa to Javier!

Muchas gracias, Javier y Paola!

1  Thank Gringo66