“Nice location- waitress barely said a word and never broke a smile, completely rude and was only content polishing bottles. The ”
Review of Chan Chan

Chan Chan
Ranked #38 of 96 Restaurants in Mancora
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Nice location- waitress barely said a word and never broke a smile, completely rude and was only content polishing bottles. The food was ok, large portions and would have been amazing if prawns and calamari weren't over cooked. Mostly was the disgraceful service that will deter us for the next couple of weeks.

Reviewed November 12, 2011

We loved the menu and the really good service here

Reviewed December 24, 2010

Unfortunately this place was not as nice as it looked from the street.
The menu was confusing, with several different dishes sharing the same name.
We had to wait 10-12 minutes before we were given our menus.
The owner was dining with friends beside us, and his dog kept rubbing against my leg. That is something that just turns me off in a restaurant.

Our order was not correct, I was given the wrong beer, and worst of all I was served almost 15 minutes before my girlfriend. So we just shared my pasta and then share her dish when it arrived. Also, its no huge deal but they made a point of serving and asking the guy first for everything. Call me a traditionalist but I like when they serve and ask the girl first.
I speak perfect spanish so it was not a matter of communication. The staff unfortunately just did not seem to care.
Also the staff while taking our orders twice walked over to other tables to update orders or serve etc.

Reviewed May 21, 2010

Outrageously overpriced and terrible food. Horrible pizza and pasta like gruel. We came here after reading about the place in Lonely Planet. We were charged $4.00 for bread with cheese on it when we only asked for bread. The worst pizza I ever had.. Like cardboard. Beer is double what you pay anywhere else
Save your money - eat elsewhere.

Reviewed February 14, 2010

Last night we went to this restaurant and left, having had a mediocre meal feeling annoyed, ripped off and really disillusioned. We had read in a number of guide books about this restaurant and were looking forward to a good if not great night out. What we got was fairly basic food, we left most of it but were overcharged on our bill. We were charged 4 soles for each small bottle of water ( x4 not 3) that can be bought for 30 cents. so our bill for water came to more than one of our main courses. When we queried the bill and the fact that we were, we thought overcharged we were told in no uncertain terms to pay up and leave. Be warned check your bill! Oh and the waitress killing a cockroach on the table beside us didn't make us wish to return.....