“Absolutely wonderful - a dream”

DCO Suites, Lounge & Spa
Ranked #1 of 33 Hotels in Mancora
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I know there are already a ton of reviews praising this place, but my experience was so wonderful I just wanted to add my two cents as well. Let me just say that if you are wondering where to book in Mancora or where to spend your beach vacation - DCO Suites should be it. I will go by each of things I loved bit by bit, but in general, I want to give my thanks and praise to the entire staff. It really was an amazing stay.

A little about us: we are a young couple who went to DCO during December for our 1 year anniversary. We spent 4 nights in the Master Suite and got the package with 3 meals, horseback riding and spa treatment. We live in Ecuador and drove down across the border.

Customer Service: Absolutely 5 star. There are many places where as a customer, I have felt like an inconvenience to the wait staff if I was noticed at all. Here, you show up and everyone knows your name and are ready (and happy) to help you. For instance, I have a dairy allergy and literally everyone on staff was not only aware of it but was always willing to help me with food and drink selections. Even if I wanted something that originally came with milk, they were happy to substitute soy milk or make something special for me. It is hard for me to get this kind of service at restaurants, but here it was a breeze. They also were always ready and willing to help us with whatever we needed throughout our stay.

Value: If you are in doubt about how much you'll eat at the hotel - get a package. The food is absolutely amazing and after one bite you'll realize that you will be eating all of your meals at the hotel restaurant. You get the choice of the entire menu and you get three courses with each meal. When you start to add it up, it ends up being a really great value and for us, it made our vacation that much more comfortable. The spa is also wonderful and the horseback riding is very fun.

Sleep Quality: WONDERFUL. Listening to the ocean and sleeping in wonderfully comfortable beds made for the most restful nights I've had in a while.

Cleanliness: Again amazing. There really isn't much I can say about this, except one more morning I woke up early and say someone raking the sand in front of the hotel on the beach. They even take pride in making sure the sand is pleasant.

Location: Mancora is a nice little hippy beach town, and the hotel is about 5 km away from the heart of the city on a sort of 'hotel row.' However, it's towards the end of this stretch of hotels which means there aren't crowds or tons of people/kids running around.

Rooms: The only reason I gave this 4/5 is because the regular suites are on the smaller side. The master suite is AMAZING and I was incredibly happy. Note: even though I say that the regular suites are on the smaller side, they are still amazing and when we we go back, I will happily stay in a regular room.

Spa: We got the package so we had a 2.5 hour couples massage included. It was a great experience and I felt amazing relaxed after the entire thing. Again, get a package - totally worth it.

Food/Drinks: Ok, if I have not emphasized this enough - the food is unbelievable. We had sandwiches every day for lunch (chicken & avocado, tuna burger, chicken club), and we sampled the menu for dinner (Peruvian Seco, Pasta, Thai Food, etc.). The fish and the seafood are excellent - my husband wasn't thrilled about the beef, but everything else was wonderful. The drinks were also made really well, which was a real treat for me. I have had a hard time finding places that mix good drinks in Ecuador, so this was really the icing on the cake.

This was a long review, but I only wanted to really give my time to describe how great this place was and I will definitely be back. Hopefully you'll get a chance to experience it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Rosalind Z
killthepixelnow, Public Relations Manager at DCO Suites, Lounge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Thanks a lot for your kind review, we're pleased to receive such nice comments about our hotel and service.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

This is the best Hotel in Mancora!!!! Service was EXCELLENT!!!!! Food amazing !! If you want ocean front , this is the place you want to be. The Hotel is small but very Nice . We had an amazing time and the drinks are very good. Try the Bloody Mary and the Pisco sour.
We had the romantic dinner at the beach and we loved it. This is the perfect hotel to relax and have a nice day at the spa. WE loved it.

Room Tip: The rooms with ocean front are a little bit smaller but If you want to be on the sand this is it. If...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janettodr
killthepixelnow, Public Relations Manager at DCO Suites, Lounge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

DCO Suites, Lounge & Spa appreciate the time you took to write such a wonderful review. Our main goal is to offer our guests a marvelous experience. We are proud that you have had a nice stay, and we wish you to visit us soon. Honestly, thank you.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

This hotel is as lovely as everyone else says. Don't hesitate: Book this place now! The service and facilities are wonderful. High point of our stay-they set up a candle light dinner for us (6 people) on the sand.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank starfishsf

A candlelight dinner in the seashore might sound like a dream... in DCO, we make it true. Thanks for your review.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We’ve spent four nights at the DCO. Since it was our honeymoon, we decided to go crazy and booked the Master Suite! And we did not regret it! What a room! Wonderfully decorated with style, very spacious with a breathtaking view… whether you’re on the balcony, in the hot tub, or in your bed! Location is also excellent with a lovely – yet not too crowded – beach. They’ve also installed beds right on the beach (!!) where you can relax! The pool and bar area is also amazing with a superb view and super-size sofas on which you can lie down with a drink (again)! Sometimes on weeknights, they even install a giant projection screen so you can watch old-time movies right by the beach! The restaurant is also really good (try their sushis)!

In fact, the only bad thing I have to say about this place is regarding the service. It’s not terrible but for this kind of place (and the price), you’d expect a more personalized and friendly service. Hotel manager was helpful yet not super friendly. We’ve also stumbled across some really moody waiters. That being said, I’d definitely go back to DCO!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bastije

It's great to know that your honeymoon stay was great. Your review makes us proud. Nonetheless, we appreciate your sincerity concerning the negative issues during your stay. We take your comments very seriously. Thus, will make improvements in the service area. Our guests deserve only the best!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We were so well-looked after by the staff at this stylish beach hotel - the surroundings are beautiful and provide a bit of luxury close to the more back-packer scene of Mancora. Great bar food and cocktails with attentive service.

Having quite a few days' relaxation on this stretch of beautiful beach, we wanted a bit of watersports action too which the staff were happy to oblige. DCO suites staff members Enrique (kite surfing) and Genaro (surfing) offered relaxed and friendly tuition, and the surf was excellent. Nearby beaches with strong wind good for kite surfing too.

Room Tip: All the rooms have stunning beach views.
1  Thank LucieSpeakman

Thanks a lot for your review. We know some guests love adventure and sport so we need to be ready to offer them the guidance they need. Glad to know you enjoyed the experience.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Not much more can be said that hasn't been said already.
We stayed at the DCO to start off our honeymoon. From beginning to end, the service was amazing. The Staff was very attentive (Jackie and Jorge helped us out constantly) and always ready to bring it to the next level.

The Spa is on the top floor with a great view to the ocean, making the experience truly relaxing.

Attention to detail is what makes the DCO stand out. Everything has been thought out.

Gracias Diana!

1  Thank maxiav
killthepixelnow, Public Relations Manager at DCO Suites, Lounge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thanks a lot for your comments.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights and it wasn't nearly long enough! I have nothing bad to say about this beautiful and perfect hotel. Exceptional service and very good food! All I can say is that I am coming back next year.

My recommendation to you... BOOK NOW!