“WOW-the best Polo-Day ever!”

Puesto Viejo Estancia
Reviewed September 6, 2012

If you want to spend an AWESOME day, you HAVE to go to the Polo-day or weekend. Not only will you learn how to play polo, you will also enjoy pretty landscapes, beautiful horses, really tasty food and the professional trainer Gaston and the other members of the stuff are really nice, speak many languages, care about you and make the experience perfect. You will also have a lot of fun - we laughed the whole day and really enjoyed it. The service is amazing, Gaston even picks you up and brings you back to Buenos Aires driving safely and sharing his polo experiences with you. I would repeat this experience anytime and really recommend you to try it out- you won't want to leave at the end of the day!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
puestoviejo, Public Relations Manager at Puesto Viejo Estancia, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2014

We hope to see you again soon, and thank you for an amazing review! Thank you again for choosing Puesto Viejo Estancia & Polo Club!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

My wife had a splendid 30th birthday.

From the very first phone call to the kiss goodbye everything was top draw.

Things are done properly there which is perhaps testament to its Anglo-Argentine roots. Casual affability, passion and skill.

I could tell you about the people, the horses, the lodgings, the food and the service.

What I will tell you is that my Wife did not get diamonds or pearls for her birthday, she got a dream come.

Thank you very much indeed.

• Stayed: July 2012
puestoviejo, Public Relations Manager at Puesto Viejo Estancia, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2014

Thank you for very much for the opportunity to make your wife's birthday wonderful! An even bigger thank you for such a great review! We hope to see you again soon! Thanks again for choosing Puesto Viejo Estancia & Polo Club!

Reviewed August 31, 2012

If you´re looking for a Polo-day or a weekend this is THE place to go. I had an amazing time there learning the basics of Polo very quickly while having lots of fun. The trainers, the Club and the equipment is highly professional while creating a very fun and exciting athmosphere.I can recommend this experience to everyone whether they have ever been on a horse or not. I went there as a complete beginner and was fascinated by the fact that at the end of the day we could even play a little match for fun.

Pro: Trainers / equipment / food / fun

Contra: Non - honestly, there is not a single thing I could complain about.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for such a wonderful review! We hope to have you again soon!

Reviewed August 17, 2012

When I arrived to BA one of the things that grabbed my attention was the Polo season and the amazing games at the Palermo fields. OMG. These Argentines really KNOW how to play Polo and they look fantastic! I always thought that this was a sport that the average person like myself was not able to do, but I learnt in a very special way that here in Puesto Viejo everybody can give Polo a go!
This weekend was amazing, our group consisted of 5 couples, all different nationalities: Holland, Italy, England, USA, Sweden and of course Colombia. We all had polo helmets made especially for this weekend, with the flag of each of our country on them.
Some of our friends had never properly ridden a horse before and of course playing polo was even further in the distance. We were all very excited about this new adventure, ready to have a good time, learn some polo and eat and drink like our Romans friends did in the past... just perfect!
On our first day we had a stick and ball lesson. We had to learn how to hit the ball and hold the stick. Everything has a technique.
After our lesson we all felt good. Some of us went to the pool for a good swim and others went to the hammocks to read or just relax.
In the evening, after a good shower, we all met at the long outdoor table to eat delicious food and drink some wine. The night was fresh and full of stars. We talked and laughed all night on... what can I say…. good friends together, it always works.
I forgot to tell you that our children were there? Sorry, but we hardly noticed them. They were having their own great time with their friends too. The estancia is very safe and child friendly, full of endless green fields, and offers horse rides, bicycle rides and the pool, good old friend!

Cheers Puesto Viejo!

Liana

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time and so did your lovely kids! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

It was already my second time in puesto viejo. I just had to come back. You enter a different world and it's like a paradise. The hotel and the staff are excellent, friendly, delicious food and very nice rooms! From the polo side it's also very nice, friendly instructors, horses for all levels and very nice fields. All in all, one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to!

• Stayed: April 2012
puestoviejo, Public Relations Manager at Puesto Viejo Estancia, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Thank you for the lovely words, Daniela. It seems like you're becoming part of the family here at Puesto Viejo with all your return visits! We enjoyed having you. Looking forward to welcoming you back yet another time to our countryside paradise.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

We spent a day in puesto viejo but I must say if I had known previously how charming it is I woud certainly have booked a room. As it was when we arrived they were full up. You can see why its so popular. The beautiful scenery, delicious food and incredibly friendly staff such as Maddy who showed us around.

I would thoroughly reccomend it.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
puestoviejo, Public Relations Manager at Puesto Viejo Estancia, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2014

Thank you for an incredible review! We are so sorry that we were unable to book a room for you while you were here for the day! We hope you will come back soon for a lovely stay at our estancia! Thank you again, and thank you for choosing Puesto Viejo Estancia & Polo Club!

Reviewed March 25, 2012

A long weekend at Puesto Viejo; excellent experience. Very friendly personnel; warm welcome on Friday evening, directly into the aperitif. Nice rooms, excellent beds, even better bathrooms and ditto shower. A wel organized polo practice Saturday morning; we were with a group of friends (8); I had the idea that we were training one on one; coaches everywhere, giving those hints needed for beginners in this sport. Gaston and Jeremy's crew are of great level, giving you the polo feeling and creating a nice relaxed ball game. Indeed a match in he afternoon; the rules are complicated but with these guys it seems easy. What a joy, on those horses; they are all in perfect shape, with the peticeros at high hospitality level. Sunday morning another match.
Breakfast is perfect; cuisine for dinner can have some improvement; the traditional saturday afternoon azado is great though. Service is more than what you expect; friendliness and customer device at high level. Even our kids had a couple of rides, which was no problem at all. I am already planning my next stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review! We hope to see you again soon, and thank you again for choosing Puesto Viejo Estancia & Polo Club!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Canuelas
Howard Johnson Hotel Finca Maria Cristina
Como entonces
Como entonces
#1 of 1 in Uribelarrea
Posada de las Aguilas

Been to Puesto Viejo Estancia? Share your experiences!