“Great adventure”

Happy Paddler Kayak Tours & EcoVentures
Ranked #2 of 57 Tours in Anna Maria Island
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The highlight of your Florida vacation! Kayak with wild dolphins, manatees, and alligators! We have the knowledge, experience, and expertise to get you there! We're passionate about the environment we work and play in, and we hope you will feel the same after sharing a deeply engaging, unforgettable, authentic Florida experience. We keep our tours small, prices right, and our paddlers happy!
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We had a great experience on this tour! Our guide Shane is very knowledgeable of the wildlife in the area and showed us many things in the bay we would have never experienced without him pointing them out to us. We did the Mangrove tour which was incredible. I had only Kayak'd once previous and Shane makes sure everyone is comfortable with paddling so it was a non-intimidating experience. We had our 13 year old son with us and he did great! There are 2 person Kayaks also if you have smaller children. Worth it!!!!

ShaneCatts, Owner at Happy Paddler Kayak Tours & EcoVentures, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Thank you! It was my pleasure! I'm glad you had a fun time. I enjoyed my morning with you as well. Your curiosity and enthusiasm was delightful! Thanks again for coming out!

There are newer reviews for Happy Paddler Kayak Tours & EcoVentures

Reviewed June 10, 2014

I took the morning kayaking tour with Shane. I was traveling alone and it ended up that I was his only client for the morning. We did the mangrove tour. He was very knowledgable about the history, plants and wildlife in the area. He went at my pace which was not fast by any means. I highly recommend Happy Paddler Kayak Tours. I only wish I was going to be in town for the full moon tour. That would have been something to see.

Thank you, Candy! It was very nice paddling with you! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed it. Maybe we can do the full moon tour next time you're in town! Thanks!!

Reviewed June 2, 2014

We had a great time with Shane. It was such a low-key, nonstressed kayak trip. He has such an amazing knowledge base about the history of the area, the wildlife and plants. He knows so much about animals' behavior, which let us get to see dolphins feeding. He doesn't do this at the expense of wildlife. He is very respectful of the wildlife and the environment. He is also very patient as we are fairly novice kayakers. In the end, it felt as we had spent the morning with a friend, a very knowledgeable friend. We would definitely do another kayak trip with him.

I put my heart and soul into these trips, and I'm glad to hear you appreciate it! The best part of all this is that I get to spend time with people like you and show off the places that I love!

Thank you, Lori!

Reviewed May 30, 2014

My kids (ages 12 and 9) and I booked an island kayak tour the last morning of our vacation, and it was the best ending to a wonderful week. My 9-year-old son had his own kayak, and Shane was very good about helping him navigate and helping him along when necessary. Shane is a naturalist originally from the area, and between his education and years of exploration, he is an excellent guide with boundless interesting information. I'm not sure we would have the sense of adventure or courage to go kayaking through the mangroves, but even if we did, we would have missed so much without knowing where to look. We saw sea sponges, sea stars, tree crabs, flying mullet, ospreys, oysters, etc., but the highlight was coming across a group of four dolphins! A very memorable experience, and educational, as well! Do not miss this special experience!

Thank you so much! It's truly amazing just how much is out there to explore and discover. I have been doing this for a long time and I'm still surprised and delighted on a daily basis. I had a fantastic time with you guys and I'm glad you enjoyed it as well! Thanks again!!!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Oh, we want to do this again!!! We knew based on the reviews that it would be a great tour, and Shane didn't disappoint. Everything that can be said about Shane pointing out all the interesting wildlife are true (birds, oysters, conches, sea urchins, sea hares, etc.), and yet there are times when water life will throw a surprise at you. Shane saw a freshly dead sea trout on a sand bank, and when he grabbed it, he saw that the trout had choked on a cow fish that was still alive inside the trout's mouth! He saved the cow fish, I got a great video, and our 10 yr old thought it was the coolest thing ever. BTW, Shane is AMAZING with kids. We had our 10 yr old son along who manned his own kayak, and Shane was great at teaching him the ropes. Highly highly recommend!!

What an amazing trip! I feel like I should write a review for my time spent with you guys! Five stars!! Thank you!!!