“Amazing food”
Review of Riqueno Fonda Puertoriquena - CLOSED

Cuisines: Puerto Rican
“Amazing food”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Wow amazing food and great place to have dinner. Crab with rice the best ever and areas de bacalao wow que Rico. You have to stop here and enjoy the food. Any puertorican dish in this place can happen.

• Visited July 2014

Tiffin, Ohio, United States
“Great food and customer service”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

My family and I go to Puerto Rico often, and we are always looking for new restaurants to visit. We were so happy we found this little restaurant. The servers were very friendly and helpful. The food was delicious. We left saying, "We image that's what our dinner would taste like if our grandma was Puerto Rican and she made it." We will definitely be going back!

• Visited June 2014
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“"FRESH FOOD & TASTY DRINKS"”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I was on vacation went to Luquillo Beach. On the way out stopped at "El Riqueño" Fonda Puertorriqueña because by the looks it gave us a retro feeling of what Puerto Rico would look like in the 50's. The waitress was dresses like an old fashioned Puerto Rican. Our orders where taken and while we waited we could hear recorded authentic Puerto Rican music being played in the background but not too loud though. Had sangria, piña colada and other drinks, all were served nicely garnished with tropical fruits. From the menu we had "chuletas fritas con arroz y habichuelas", "mofongo relleno con pollo", "pescao frito con tostones" and more. All was serve on a timely manner with an elegant presentation, hot, fresh and most important, "flavor". Based on my own experience, I'll tell you I had a great time with my family. This encourage me to say that this place it is recommended. I've uploaded some pictures of dinner plates and hope if you go there have a great time too!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Daniel V
Goshen, New York
“DELICIOUS AUTHENTIC PUERTO-RICAN FOOD”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We were thrilled to discover this tiny kiosque-restaurant at Luquillo Beach with authentic Puerto Rican dishes: mofongo, stewed crab, rice and beans, soups, salads, authentic Puerto Rican creole flavors, ice-cold Puerto Rican beer, excellent presentation, very sweet and friendly owner, cook and waitress, all in the 'fonda' style - an old restaurant for the laborers back in the day for them to have home-cooked, traditional dishes before there was ever a thought of 'fast food'. The restaurant has a unique décor and story that will be shared with you just for the asking and you will probably be offered a free coffee or beer after you pay your bill, just to sit, chat, relax...delicious authentic food...FIVE STARS

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Erendira E
Luquillo, Puerto Rico
“Best fish I have had in some time”
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

I ordered the suggested $9 special. Waiter came back with the $22 whole fish. It was delicious. Came back the next night for the $9 fish bites special. It was delicious too. Mamposteao rice? Same. Owner was very attentive. Next day? It was closed. Will be going again soon.