“Saved My Life”

Luquillo Beach Boys Surfschool
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Luquillo Beach Boys Surf School, we teach surfing in a fun, safe and easy way. All ages are welcome and we are kids friendly. We are local surfers with decades of surfing experience. Surfing is our lifestyle,the way we enjoy the ocean and we want you to have a fun and safe surfing day with us.
Reviewed February 7, 2014

The Luquillo Beach Boys are absolutely amazing. My boyfriend and I visited Luquillo Beach in March 2013. He took the surfing lesson and he did really well! The Beach Boys kept working with him until he got it on his own. They were patient and wonderful teachers. Later, my boyfriend and I hung out further down the beach. He went out into the water as I stayed on the shore. Apparently the current is very strong where we were and it started to pull him further and further from the shore. He called out for help, I signaled the Beach Boys, and they came running with surf boards in hand to rescue him out of the ocean's strong current! The Beach Boys not only gave an amazing surf lesson, they also saved my boyfriend's life! Thank you Beach Boys!!!

1  Thank nessasitas
There are newer reviews for Luquillo Beach Boys Surfschool

Reviewed September 1, 2013

My husband and 8-year-old daughter had their first surfing lessons from the Beach Boys, and both were up and surfing quickly! Great fun and highly recommended! My daughters favorite activity in PR!!

2  Thank Yomomma330
Reviewed August 29, 2013

August 08/27/13
A MUST = This Made our girls trip ,unforgettable = Great service Great guys
From the start the customer service was great, we spoke to them before we headed on our trip and they made me feel confortable about reaching out to them and they will tell me what will be the best day (wearther/surf wise) to book them to get the best experience.
They took the time and were very informative and made sure the girls knew that safety was the first priority
Our girls (ages 10 and 17) have never touched a surf board before and now they are hooked!!
Their exact words were that "if we could stay longer on our vacation they would want to do this again"
They were standing up and catching waves after 15 minutes in the water, Each one of our girls had a dedicated instructor that made sure they were safe and had a great time..
I loved their approach, I defenitly got my money's worth and more...to be totally honest I'm very cheap to say the least, but i was so pleased I gave them a 40% tip...that says alot for me trust me

1  Thank Carlos_Raquel_2001
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We were in PR for a well deserved family vacay. My husband and I took our 11 (by only one week) year old daughter and our 14 1/2 yr old son to Puerto Rico. Its typically challenging to find things that they both can do and enjoy, much less the entire family, as their interests and abilities due to size, age and gender are entirely different. This was a day that was tops in our book of life!

Me and the kids were "on board," so to speak, with taking surf lessons. I read several reviews on the Beach Boys and how they were consistently getting their students riding waves in less than half an hour. I decided it had to be them and we booked them about 2 weeks prior to the trip.

We arrived at Luquillo around 10 in the morning. After about a 3 - 5 min lesson on the sand, my son hesitantly volunteered to go first in the water. No joke... he caught the very first wave and rode all the way to shore! Nearly the same with my daughter... she was up and riding to shore within the first three tries.

It took me a bit longer but only due to old chronic knee and ankle injuries on the same leg. I just needed to relax a bit. I took a time out after about 5 tries because my kids were advancing so quickly, I wanted them to keep going and it was a greater joy watching my two succeed as they were smiling and feeling a fabulous sense of accomplishment wave after wave, going farther and farther out, and moving from long to short boards. After they continued to advance, I gave it another go and got it right away and was able to continue riding waves; advancing myself. Not bad for a 47 yr old mom, if I do say so myself!

Both kids adore Mikey and he was excellent with both the kids and me. They are still talking about what a wonderfully nice guy he is, along with the rest of the crew. This was well worth saving up for!

Now my son would like to add a few words....

Mikey was a great guy and an excellent teacher at that. he was great with my 11 year old sister and got me up on my very first time to ride all the way to the beach! His brother who's name I don't know also helped a lot with my surfing experience. They both taught me a lot from balance to courage and an inspiration.!!! I would love to move to a beach to continue to practice the principles and lessons that Mikey and his brother have taught me on "the big ones"... Thanks a lot Mikey !

1  Thank ZandKmom
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We had a great time stand-up paddle boarding with the Luquillo Beach Boys. We started at the mouth of the river and headed up stream watching the wild life and having a ball the entire time. I'd recommend the trip to anyone.