“Exceptional service and fantastic meal at Terruno”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Terruno

Terruno
Ranked #5 of 78 Restaurants in Luquillo
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Seafood, Spanish, Puerto Rican
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our buisness is a place where we look for our clients to indulge in a good meal, with a great waitstaff, rich live cultural music, an holistic dining experience for our clients to enjoy in a tropical ambience! You have to try it your self to really find out what we are talking about!
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
“Exceptional service and fantastic meal at Terruno”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

My husband, two, twenty-something year old kids and I had a fantastic meal at Kiosk #20 during our recent trip to Puerto Rico. We'd made reservations earlier in the day - our waiter, Daniel, met us at the door of Terruno and showed us to a table nicely set for four. There was a very talented jazz band playing that evening (I’m not an expert, but my son and husband both claimed that the drummer was seriously good). For dinner, my husband wolfed down the red snapper stuffed with shrimp and octopus in creole sauce. Daughter devoured the same. Son had the Mofongo and I enjoyed the coconut rice with grouper. All was very tasty and presented beautifully. The sangria wasn't bad either! I have to admit though that our waiter, Daniel, was what made our meal exceptional. He was SO personable and SO attentive and even though this trip report is already dangerously close to becoming way too long and boring I have to fully explain how wonderful he was…

After we enjoyed our meals, and probably a few too many drinks, we paid our bill ($247 with tip) and headed out the door. Outside, we placed a call to the local taxi service that ironically billed itself as "anywhere, anytime taxi". Apparently they didn't mean THERE Or that time. Because nobody answered the phone. In all fairness, my family would have been fine with huffing it back to the condo – I was the only skittish one. It was only our second night in Luquillo and I have to admit that I was still a little leery of the area. My husband correctly deciphered the look I shot his way and decided to go back into Terruno, kiosk #20, and ask our wonderful waiter, Daniel, if he knew of a taxi service we could call. While we waited, the kids and I meandered up the kiosk row. Not 5 minutes later, a car, pulled up alongside us and my husband stuck his head out of the passenger side window to let us know that Daniel was going to give us a ride! He’d been in the middle of waiting tables but he’d left the restaurant in order to drive us home. (Note to anyone who might have been eating at Terruno that night, I apologize if your food was delivered cold to your table – your server was otherwise occupied!) We are so glad we had the opportunity to enjoy such a fantastic meal at Terruno. We will definitely eat there on our next trip to Puerto Rico - and hopefully see our friend, Daniel again!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Carry-on223

Barcelona, Spain
“Terruno Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Awesome! From the fresh lemonade, fruit punch & sangria to the ceviche de mero, arroz con coco y pescado (amazing), freshly made chicharrones de pescado and pollo. I recommend this restaurant for the cleanliness, awesome server (Daniel) to the food & drinks!

• Visited April 2014
New York, NY
“Very solid”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

This place was a little pricier than some of the other ones on this strip in Luquillo, but you're definitely paying for a more "finished," tourist-friendly (in a good way) environment. The fried rabbit appetizer was awesome, really really flavorful and kind of dry, but moist at the same time. I bet their other fried meats are good too. The conch arepa paled in comparison to the arepa we had a couple of nights earlier and I wouldn't recommend it. The mofongo with skirt steak (get it with chimichurri) was very, very good. I would pass on the coconut rice with cod though, way too sweet. No matter what you order, you should ask to try some of the hot sauces they have there. They don't make them, but they're SO GOOD. I would've slathered it on everything and even asked to buy a bottle, which they let me! Even aside from that, the service was really great, friendly, but not pushy.

Visited March 2014
Key Largo
“Great food, value, atmosphere and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

Went here on a Saturday night. Food was amazing and was priced below what it should have been. I had the chicken mofongo in a creamy garlic sauce and my boyfriend had the fish coconut rice. Both were largely portioned and delicious. The entertainment was great, two men playing simple instruments singing spanish music. We really enjoyed them! Our waiter was very attentive and helped with recommendations. Very clean and nicely decorated.

• Visited March 2014
Berkeley, CA
“Nicest atmosphere for sit-down meal among the Kioskos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

Great food and service. Catered to vegetarian needs well. Great happy hour prices ($1.25 for a cerveza). Nice, welcoming atmosphere.

Visited March 2014