“Worst Restaurant Ever”
Review of Vejigante - CLOSED

Vejigante
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: ITS on pr 3 we where traveling east to fajardo and found this place
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Bad Food salty and greasy too much garlic, bad service very slowww! Not recomended,very dissapointed.

1  Thank Noel S

Reviewed February 16, 2014

My wife and I go to PR every year for a month. This was our first visit to Vejigante. Very good food and service worth a visit.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Also one of the best meals we had there. Service was great and the atmosphere was fun. Definitely the culinary highlight of our trip.

Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

We were warmly greeted at the front of the restaurant and asked if we would like to see the menu. I ended up ordering the stuffed pork chop which was phenomenal! The mango salsa went with it perfectly. My husband had the shrimp salad in the plantain bowl. The food presentation was great and the flavors were wonderful. The drinks from the bar were well done, too. It was a welcome change from all the fried food we have had since we got here 5 days ago. There were two women working in front at the time and both were very attentive, informative and helpful. Not only was the food the best since we have been here, but easily the service as well. When you first drive up to the kiosks it can be a bit intimidating, but this place is worth pushing outside of your comfort zone. We hope to return again before we head back home.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

This is a nice, unassuming place right in the strip of kiosks in Luquillo Beach. Staff was soliciting patrons (nicely) as they walked by the front, but I had planned to go here anyway. Ordered the queso frito with guava sauce for starters. Nice, but the frying oil could be a tad fresher. I had the grouper with rice and beans and it was very moist, fresh, and well seasoned. Husband ordered the beef filet, which he said was his best meal in PR, and this included a meal we had at a 5 star restaurant where he ordered basically the same thing. I guess they are used to people ordering beers because they had to check if they had red wine for my Mom, and the server kind of looked at me oddly when I ordered tequila on the rocks lol. Overall, very good prices. Think we got out of there for under $100 for 4 people with drinks. Staff was very sweet and accommodating. The chef came out from the kitchen and made rounds of the tables, asking how everything was. Nice touch.