“Lack of respect”

The ossobuco
Ranked #21 of 78 Restaurants in Luquillo
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Latin, Puerto Rican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lack of respect”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Experience would have been great...except found a piece of broken plastic in my food. When brought to the chef's attention, he took an arrogant stance that it was a piece of shell from the crab. The piece of plastic was obviously man made as it was clear and had a molded lip on one side.
I brought it to the waitresses attention in a subtle, non confrontational way, simply to alert them that something was wrong.
When the chef came out to see, he treated me like an idiot and didn't even apologize. A simple "oh my gosh, I'm sorry" would have sufficed. It is frustrating to be treated like a stupid tourist, especially when I am well traveled and have crunched a crab shell or two in my life. The food and atmosphere would have been fine otherwise. We would have gone back again, as the food was good, but not after this. My money will be better spent at other places that appreciate it. I would rather reward another restaurant with my hard earned money.

• Visited December 2013

Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“Good presentation, delicious, fair price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

Owner/chef, while not a native of Puerto Rico, cooks a variety of Spanish and Italian dishes. My favorite was red snapper, mofongo and arroz con gandules. He is eager to please and will cook items that are not on the menu. Good service, pleasant staff, quiet setting.

Visited October 2013
Atlanta
“Expensive, and not so good.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Not sure if we just stopped in on a bad day, but we found this place a little disappointing. The food wasn't very good at all, and the waitress wasn't too friendly or helpful. Nothing terrible, just not nearly as good as several other places we ate at in the area. But the real disappointment came with our bill. It came out to about $40 per person for a basic entree and one drink. We were charged $12 for standard mixed drink!! No wonder the prices weren't on the menu!!! I don't mind paying $40 for a great meal at a place with great service and atmosphere, but it was WAY too much for the mediocre food and service we got. Definitely wouldn't recommend.

• Visited June 2013
Jasper,
“Overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

The food was just OK and it was overpriced. Our bill totaled $115 for 4 people to eat lunch with a drink...

• Visited June 2013
Jackson, New Jersey, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You must stop here at least once on your trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

My boyfriend and I were curious to see some of the local culture on our trip to Puerto Rico. We saw the kiosks and figured it might be a good place to start. Outside we were greeted by a friendly gentleman(who was later introduced to us as Mario) who had some suggestions for dinner. Everything here was great; the food, the service, and whole experience. We split mofongo and then had the seafood paella and the mixed seafood in a coconut sauce. We left extremely satisfied and it was the best dinner we had the whole trip. Even our dinner in Old San Juan didn't compare to this; we even went back the next day and tried some of their empanadas(which were super yummy). The Osso Buco is one place you should definitely try!

• Visited January 2013