“An Ok Place for Fish”
Review of King Seafood - CLOSED

King Seafood
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The name of this restaurant is King Seafood, and it is NOT the Ceviche Hut. I submitted this restaurant last night and received a message that the Ceviche Hut is already in your database. Thanks!
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We decided to try dinner at King Seafood during our recent trip to Puerto Rico, as it was a local restaurant. Service was very friendly. In fact, when we came into the restaurant unsure of what exactly was on the menu, our server offered to suggest another type restaurant to us if their menu was not what we were looking for.

King Seafood has no atmosphere--just wooden tables and chairs.

The food was just ok, and rather pricey for what we got. The cup of clam chowder had no clams that I could discern, and the broth was watery rather than creamy. Totally forgettable!! My grilled mahi-mahi was well cooked as was my husband's grilled halibut, but where was the seasoning? Fish portions were ok.

All the sides that came with the entree were fried. We asked it would be possible to get some vegetables and our server said yes, we could have mixed vegetables. Imagine our surprise to be paying over $20 for an entree and to receive frozen mixed vegetables!

Another member of our party had what seemed in essence to be chicken parm. He did not particularly enjoy it.

All in all, it was a mediocre meal at a relatively high price.

1  Thank GreenUnicorn
There are newer reviews for King Seafood

Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and I had dinner at Kings Seafood recently and found it disappointing, especially after it had been highly recommended by the staff at our hotel. The restaurant had been given a "one dollar sign," $ which indicated that it was relatively inexpensive. It turned out to be a good bit more expensive than the place we went to the night before, which had $$ on the list of restaurants in the area. I would rate it at least $$$ for pricing.

We were served what I felt were very pathetic salads...some iceberg lettuce with shredded carrots on top, accompanied by two plastic bottles of dressings. That seemed pretty lame for the prices of the meals. We both had the shrimp in thermidor sauce, which was very good, but the portions were small.

The server was friendly enough, but seemed more interested in chatting with a woman sitting at the bar.

All in all, our meals were tasty, but definitely not worth the price.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

This is a place where PuertoRicans may have some fresh seafood. I recommend the octopus salad. The athmosphere is simple and service is friendly.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

The food is great, the service is superb and I really feel at home. It is a nice rest to go eat with the family or as a couple. I enjoy it very much and recommend it to everyone.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Service staff is no longer as helpful. It seems the owners’ need to be stricter with their staff. Air conditioned. Average food. There less expensive alternatives in the area.

1  Thank ZorroNJ