“Review of Horseback Riding Only”

Rainforest Ocean View Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Luquillo B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We have gone to Hacienda Carabalí every year for more than 10 years. We have never stayed at the Inn but will one of these years. What we enjoy immensely is the horseback riding. This year we were guided by Eduardo, whose professionalism and expertise really showed. Our little group had a wonderful time. I highly recommend those who love to ride horseback, to go through the foothills of El Yunque at Carabalí. You will not regret the choice! It's economical, friendly and the bartender will not disappoint when you are finished. Also, they have finally added helmets for riders, which was the one thing I didn't like over the past years (the only thing).

Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank JMLuther

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Great location, with spectacular views. We weren’t too bothered that this place isn’t really a resort – as the name suggests its definitely an inn – but that’s fine for basing yourself to get out and about to see the local sights. The rooms were of a good standard – nothing luxurious but more than adequate for a good nights rest before heading out into the sun the next day! There are some cute little places to eat nearby that are worth checking out.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HeartHills
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I just came back from my vacation where I stayed for few days at this property. The hotel is clean, the people are very friendly. The view from the rooms are breathtaking! Some of the room have ocean view and the others a beautiful view to the Rainforest. They also have a nice deck in one side where you can sit a enjoy a nice and quiet night from the top of the mountain. The pool area was very clean. This is an excellent location for family getaways or couples. The noise, yes, its a little loud and more if the others guest have kids, so be prepare to live with it. We also enjoy the Carabali facilities. The kids had a lot of fun with the all the attractions in the Hacienda. The restaurant offer excellent food, however, the prices are a little high. You pay for the conveniences. The staff of the restaurant was not very friendly and the service very slow. There is a lot of alternatives outside of the complex, not very far.

Room Tip: Rooms with the ocean views are for two people. If you have a party of 4 you will be more comfortabl...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank airamboricua
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We loved it...if you like to stay in a relaxing quiet place this is for you...but dont expect a resort because is a small inn...very clean, nice staff. I dont have nothing bad to say about it.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank neysantiago
Reviewed April 2, 2012

It's a plain and simple inn with a nice view and lots of places nearby. The room is big with a more than comfortable bed and very quit. Don't expect a 5 star hotel or great room service it's on top of a mountain with lots of options near to choose from. Beach, rainforest, zip line,restaurants, drug stores, supermarket , plus the attractions they have !! Nice simple place!!

• Stayed: February 2012
4  Thank Emmav2015
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Love the location, quiet & comfortable... It has an amazing el yunque(rainforest) view. Great for a weekend or romantic getaway. The room is exactly as it appears in their internet site. The package price was affordable and they had a great staff ! .They give you a beeper with the room key so you can enter the place at any time . They don't have internet, but whatever who needs that when u are in such an amazing location. The property is secluded from the town but there is security at night in the property. My family and I <3 the place !

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights. I don't like to leave negative reviews so I will outline both the positives and negatives. First the good: The hotel looks exactly as it does on the website, the rooms are spacious, clean and bright with good views. We had an ocean view room and it was neat to be able to see the cruise ship lights on the ocean at night. The AC was adequate and the pool was nice. We also felt that the price for the room was very good.
Now for the bad: This was the noisiest hotel I have ever stayed at. We really wanted an out of the way, quiet place to stay for a few nights and this was not it. The floors are all tile which looks nice but the sound carries from one room to another like crazy. When we were staying here the rest of the rooms were rented out to a local school group and there were loud kids running in the halls until late at night. The front desk is not staffed at night so there was no one to call while all this noise was going on. I mentioned this to the owner after the first night and she said I could talk to the school group's leader and that she would mention it too. I did speak with an adult from the group but there was a language barrier (my spanish is poor) and honestly I don't think it should have been my responsibility to talk to other guests about their noise level. The hotel owner asked me the next day if it was any better, which it was not. She said she was sorry about it but then went on to tell me that this other group was a repeat customer. That pretty much led me to believe that nothing would be done about it, which is what happened. We left exhausted. If we could have switched to another hotel we would have.
I do think that we just had bad timing...if we had been there with other, quieter guests we would have enjoyed our stay. It was disappointing because the hotel/room was what we were hoping for.
Also make note that it is off the beaten path a little bit. You need to have a car and I don't recommend the restaurant associated with the hotel. The food was ok but it was expensive. Better, cheaper food is available at the kiosks just a few miles away.

Room Tip: Choose ocean view, you can see the cruise ships at night.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank happymcclure
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luquillo
The Fajardo Inn
#3 of 3 in Luquillo
Ocean Pearl Guest House
Ocean Pearl Guest House
#2 of 6 in Luquillo

Been to Rainforest Ocean View Inn? Share your experiences!