“Yummy!!!”
Review of Dieguito And Markitos - CLOSED

Dieguito And Markitos
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Spanish, Puerto Rican, American
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Puerto Rico
“Yummy!!!”
Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

We went on Saturday evening. The place was not crowded. We sat at the salon (very clean but they can make it better with the decoration) and the a/c was on. The place is simple but cozy. We ordered Long Island, not the best but not the worst either. We asked "arepas rellenas" with shrimps for entree and they were good. For main dish we ate chicken breast in a cheese and wine sauce with mofongo and it was awesome. At first I thought that was few because I was really hungry but I couldn't eat it all. Even though that I was full I had to taste their specialty, a "burrito" filled with guava, papaya and local cheese. Topped with whip cream and vanilla ice cream. OMG!!! I was so satisfied that I arrived home and I had to take a nap. Highly recommend....

“great food and the best mojito and seafood stuffed mofongo...”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

very good quality... clean and very acomodating ...make sure you allow enough time to eat, they made our meals when we ordered but it was worth the wait

Visited April 2012
Odenton, Maryland
“Great mojitos!”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

After wandering around the kiosks of Luquillo, we had the good fortune of stopping in Dieguito and Makitos. We had the most refreshing and delicious mojitos. We chatted with the bartender who was fabulous and also from the states.

• Visited April 2012
Portland, Maine, United States
“AMAZING!!! You MUST go here.”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

This restaurant was amazing. If you do go here try the mofongo, it is to die for. The service was excellent and the owners are so much fun. The service is amazing and quick. One of the few places where you can sit down and get dinner with very quick service. I loved it. I wasn't able to go a second time because of too much rain, but I would go back to Puerto Rico just for this restaurant.

• Visited March 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“I'll go back for the fish”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Another Kiosko place in Luquillo that is trying to upgrade the area, with only that it has my vote. We were 4 family members. Two had fish in different sauces and was very tasty but others had the "churrasco" that was too chewy, poor quality. And may need more help in the kitchen as one plate came out so late the others were halfway through the meal. Deserts to die for. Service friendly, not intrusive. Acoustics of the place terrible. But I'll go back for the mero fillet.

• Visited February 2012