“Delish----”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Luqillo PR
“Delish----”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

We had heard wonderful things about Ernestina's and had tried to go during the week for dinner, but they only open for dinner on Friday and Saturday. Oh, my!! Wonderful experience. My husband had the whole red snapper (his very favorite) and proclaimed it was the best one he has had in Puerto Rico. I had fried shrimp wrapped in bacon (the bacon was crisp, yet the shrimp were cooked perfectly- don't know how they did it!). Bring your own wine (or they do have sangria). Service is wonderful, Fun night.

• Visited March 2013

Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey
“Secret find.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

We were a group of seven and felt at home at ernestinas. The food was delish! Great mofongo w shrimp and octopus in garlic sauce. Grouper was great and my kids had skirt steak. Such nice friendly service. We will definitely be back.

Bronx, New York
“Ernestina's rocks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

This place keeps the tradition of great food from the old Victor's Place. The owner Antonio ( Papulín) Vega and Rafa will cook the greates shrimp and Lobster salad and the famous tostones. The tradition of good Puertorrican cooking is manifested in this cozy restaurant. Every time I visit Luquillo I make sure I go to Ernestina's. Nelson R.

Visited November 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Best Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed lunch there during the week. I had the grouper breaded with rice and beans and my husband had the chicken in garlic butter with plantains. Both dishes were awesome. My husband's chicken had the best flavor and my grouper tasted so fresh. The service was fantastic and quick. I even liked the artwork on the walls, there is a drawing of a Puerto Rican man (dressed in Puerto Rican flag) hugging the Statue of Liberty. We highly recommend this restuarant. Also, there is a distributor of sangria next door from the restaurant. The had the best Sangria ever. We were able to pick up a few bottles from them.

• Visited August 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Small gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Although very small, with few tables, great in taste and food quality. Everything is fresh,prepared when ordered( have even seen the owner mashing the plantains for the mofongos!). The lobster and stuffed mofongos are very good. The portions are big and prices are reasonable. Cash only.

• Visited July 2012