“excellente”

Carabali Rainforest Park
Ranked #1 of 21 things to do in Luquillo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Hacienda Carabali started 1972. As the years have progressed we have expanded to give great service to tourists and locals by our ATV, Horseback Riding, and Mountain Biking Tours, Restaurant and our Go-Karts Track!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Tobyhanna
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“excellente”
Reviewed September 19, 2010

My wife and I just spent a week at Rio Mar Resort, The Experience was wonderful. we were given a list of restaurants in the area , Hacienda Carabali was one of them. We decided to eat there the second night we were in the resort. The food was phenomonal. we are puerto ricans and never ate like this. The food was so good we decided to go there 2 more times, before going back home. I wish continued success to this restaurant, and recomend this attraction to anybody visiting the area.

2 Thank Familia D

Miami, FL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“so much fun and great food!!!”
Reviewed August 16, 2010

We visited Hacienda Carabali on a Thursday afternoon. We did not have reservations, just walked in and did the hour ATV ride. It was fantastic. It was just us and the guide so it felt like a private tour! The trails were scenic and exciting. I got full of mud, but that was fine because the guide stopped us at a river where we swam and got all cleaned up. It was definately worth the money, eventhough we should have done the 2 hour tour. (I did not want it to be over) When we finished the guide told us that since we did the tour the restaurant at the hacienda would give us a 10% discount. We had lunch and it was amazing!!! Two of us ordered the house specialty, the churrasco steak. It was the best churrasco steak I have ever eaten. The waitress told us it is Angus beef that is marinated overnight in a secret recipe & it was delicious and tender. We also ordered mofongo with shrimp and rice and beans and everything was great. I was really surprised with the quality of the food. I also had a fabulous margarita. I recommend the ATV tour (do the 2 hour, you will not regret it) and if you like steak, try the Churrasco at the restaurant.

1 Thank azil68pr
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“ATVing was soooooo much fun.”
Reviewed July 31, 2010

I had a great time on the ATV. My daughter and I had a blast. she was 16 (had drivers license) and drove her own ATV. We had a great 2 hour trip. We rode on the trails. I loved the terrain on the trails. We tried to splash people with mud from puddles. We stopped and learned about some of the trees and rivers in Puerto Rico. The guides were fun. They picked some fruit and let us try it. We stopped in the middle and swam in the river. There was a nice rock we got to jump from and play in the water. The guides also showed us the paint that the rocks create. We were able to get warrior paint on our faces. lol. It was fun. At the end we went to the little outdoor restaurant and had a CoCo Rico (a puerto rican soda) and little chicken/beef wrap. it was good. I was surprised that my daughter and I ate the lunch for 5 dollars. I have never gotten to eat lunch so cheap while out on vacation. lol. It was good and cheap. I loved it.

1 Thank cindiarella
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“worried about the horses”
Reviewed July 28, 2010

I recently went on the horse riding tour at Hacienda Carabali. I am no horse expert, but the horses were missing clumps of hair, and the skin was all red and irritated. Several of the horses had difficulty walking and more problems when running. There are a few horses where you can see there bones in the back near there tails. The horses had deep cuts where the halter goes around the face. One horse was in real bad shape she had no hair at all on her nose and she had bright pink irradiated looking skin on her nose. She was unable to put any weight on her back right foot. I felt so bad for her. The tour itself would have been nice but I could not get past the shape these beautiful horses were in. However I still do recommend this tour since I am hardly an expert on horses...

Bethesda, MD
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Lots of fun if you don't mind lots of people”
Reviewed December 31, 2009

The Diaz family had a great idea for a successful business. With a restaurant, bar, ATVs, horses, ponies, and big go-kart track, they make it easy for families, couples, office parties, and just about anyone else to spend lots of money having fun. They take reservations for 2-hour trail and ATV rides, but 1-hour rides are first come/first served. ATVs book up fastest; we had a 2- to 3-hour wait but were glad we went. It was on trails, but with ditches, large puddles from recent rain, and speeds up to 20 mph. Go-karts were fun for adults and had no wait. We didn't take the trail ride. Costs are about $30/hour for horses, $40 for ATV driver, $20 for ATV passenger, $7.50 for go-kart.

1 Thank orangerook