“Great place”

Carabali Rainforest Park
Ranked #1 of 22 things to do in Luquillo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Hacienda Carabali started 1972. As the years have progressed we have expanded to give great service to tourists and locals by our ATV, Horseback Riding, and Mountain Biking Tours, Restaurant and our Go-Karts Track!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Dallas, Texas
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great place”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Great place to ride horses or ATVs. We took the ATV tour and it was one of the highlights of our trip. Excellent and highly recommended. There are go-karts also for kids although we didn't try them. Nice outdoor bar too to hang out while you wait for your tours.

Dublin, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horseback Riding in the Foothills of El Yunque”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Wow Wow Wow. Just beautiful Rain forest to ride through via Horseback. I went with my 8 year old daughter and husband. Horses were very friendly and well trained. They allowed me to trot, canter and gallop if I wanted too while others who weren't as experienced walked the line. The guides were great and very helpful. My daughter absolutely loved it and was definitely a highlight of our trip. We even stopped at a designated area by a stream and got to put our feet in the water or swim if we wanted too! Such a unique, MUST DO experience while in Puerto Rico.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The tour guys were nice. We did the horse tour. They answered question and offered to take pictures.”
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

It was worth it. I enjoyed it. After that I had a nice cold beer. Will do it again if I could. It was only 5 minutes away from our hotel

Massachusetts, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“2 Hr. Horseback riding with kids”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We just got back from PR and had an awesome vacation. We spent half a day at Carabali and took our girls 7&5 on there first horseback riding adventure. This was really great for them and very safe. Eduardo & his little brother Carlito were excellent guides and made the trip very enjoyable and fun. We stopped by a river for about 1/2 hour and they showed us natural face painting using the river rocks that the kids really loved! When we were done with our trip we had lunch at the restaurant there. Try the Churrasco(skirt steak) Quesadilla, it is melt in your mouth goodness. There are lots of other great things to do there as well, including ATV rainforest trips, go-karting, mountain biking, all which we will have to do on our next trip. The cost was $78 pp and was well worth it. How many times are you going to be able to say that you rode a horse in the rainforest of El Yunque. I would recommend wearing jeans and bring a bathing suit if you want to swim in the river. Also a rain poncho is a good idea, as you never know when a passing shower might come through. And lastly sturdy shoes, not flip flops or crocs.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Horseback Riding!! :)”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had originally signed up for the 3 hour horseback riding on the beach. We had never done horseback riding and my boyfriend's legs were sunburned so we last minute changed our appointment to the 1 hour trail ride. They were so accommodating. Actually the night before, I called to ask if they offer transportation and they said no but they made a call to a private car company for us and got us fairly cheap (cheap for PR at least) transportation with a wonderful driver (Rita from Luquillo Taxi & Tours).

Anyway, my boyfriend and I were fairly nervous to go on a horse, having never done it before. They were so nice and accommodating. The horses were easy and they totally knew the trial by heart. Our tour guide was a young man named Joshua and he was great. He was very funny and sweet and made us feel comfortable on our ride. We learned a lot about the area and the horses. He definitely cares about the horses and shows it. He even took pictures for us by the lake with this special tree he told us about in the background. We really liked him. Carabali give this kid a raise :)

The only thing I will point out is that this isn't IN the El Yunque Rainforest like I thought it would be. It's in the outskirts of the rainforest. I was hoping that once I was there I would be able to walk around the rainforest and do other things, but the actual rainforest is like an hour deeper in. That's my own fault for not knowing, but I thought it would be helpful to tell you. Also, the route was pretty, but not like super scenic. I was expecting rainforest and wildlife, but that wasn't the case. It was like a normal forest. It still was exciting and fun though, and we had the best time. Oh, and safe & sanitary! They give you what looks like a shower cap to put on under the helmet. Gotta love sanitary! I gave 5 stars for the treatment we were given by Joshua and the whole crew, the overall experience and care, how safe we felt, and how fun it was! Actually was pretty cheap, too.

It was a beautiful experience. Even my boyfriend who is not a big animal person and who I almost had to drag there had a great time. It was my favorite activity in PR.

Jenn & George